+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi guys, please help me :(

Jaeeon Lee

Jun 28, 2016
I've applied for Post Graduate Work permit in May, which was after I graduated from school, and I got the visa in June (1 month later). However, the work permit that I got from CIC is too shorter than I expected. I'm eligible to get 3 year work permit. The expiry date of my new visa is valid until 2016 / 07 / 30. This is the same date as my old one. Moreover, the work permit says "Issued to passport expiry. Post-Graduate Work Program" at the bottom on the paper. However, my passport is valid till 2021 / 06 / 07. After I got the visa, I called and emailed CIC many times. From the call centre, they asked me to wait and wait. And I got the email from CIC today.

They said Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry; however, we do not have further information.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

What does it mean by further information? I feel like they are not responsible for this....

I'm almost waiting for it for 3 months... I'm exhausted.

And I'm also wondering if I'm allowed to work. I know I'm able to work if my application is a work in progress.

But I don't think mine is not being progressed yet.

Jaeeon Lee

Jun 28, 2016
In case you haven't noticed, I attached my passport(the validity date of my passport) when I emailed CIC, and

CIC call centre agreed with that CIC made a mistake in my application.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
stop calling the CIC call centre. they can not help you. You need to send a case specific inquiry to the visa office that processed your work permit and submit a copy of it with your passport that shows the validity date in the future. you can do this on the cic website.

Jaeeon Lee

Jun 28, 2016
Yeah, I sent a case specific inquiry many times. That's the answer that I got from them. (further blah blah)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
At the time you applied for your PGWP was your passport expiry set to 7/30/16 and you were in the process of renewing it? If that is the case, it explains why your PGWP only is good to that date. With your new passport, you'll need to ask for an extension of your PGWP to now allow for a longer permit since you have now gotten an updated passport. Just emailing them a copy of your new one isn't going to be enough.