+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi guys, just a quick question

Jaymaticc

Sep 4, 2019
Good day to you all, hope you are keeping well and safe in these times. Just a quick question. Well simply put, I was about to get married last year but then the virus hit and it never happen. I was just wondering, my grandmother is looking for a place to rent, shes on disability and the lease requires someone with a passive income to sign. If i was to do this will this become a future problem with any sort of sponsorship process, like say sponsoring my wife or so. I will not be living at the place id sign for and was just wondering if this is considered lying to the government or so. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day to you all, hope you are keeping well and safe in these times. Just a quick question. Well simply put, I was about to get married last year but then the virus hit and it never happen. I was just wondering, my grandmother is looking for a place to rent, shes on disability and the lease requires someone with a passive income to sign. If i was to do this will this become a future problem with any sort of sponsorship process, like say sponsoring my wife or so. I will not be living at the place id sign for and was just wondering if this is considered lying to the government or so. Thanks!
I don't see how this would be an issue. You are simply co-signing a lease.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
@PAINKILLER28 @scylla

Hi,

I am the sponsor and applied for my wife. Got approved as a sponsor.

However, there one complex issue with my address history where I signed the lease for an address B in March and sometimes used to stay there starting Apr and permanently moved in Aug. Reason is that address A is my first address and belongs to my father's friend who is like a family. Address B was not furnished so it took time for me to adjust and independently live there as I never lived on my own before. I was still staying the majority of the time at my previous address and in Aug I moved permanently. Apr to Aug, I was between the two addresses however my majority of time was spent in Address A.

In Aug, I moved permanently to address B and changed it to my official address. When I submitted the form, I wrote address B from Aug when I permanently moved.

In this scenario, shall I change something in the address history by raising a webform? I am just worried because in the future if I apply for any other application.