Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
Hi everyone .
I need help please
How long it take for BGC to be completed
Application received May 19 . 2017
We started processing your application. On July 26. 2017
When I call to CIC the agent said they do BGC proces.
I don.t know what to do any one knows please

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone .
I need help please
There is no set time for the security checks. There is no way to get information about the status of the security check. The agency that handles those (CSIS, not IRCC) no longer releases that information.

You can request the IRCC case management notes (GCMS notes) for your application (through the ATIP process), which may not offer you much more detail (as it does not include the actual background check process notes), but would at least confirm that your application is pending background checks.

(It is possible to request information from CSIS as well, but they will not release any information about the actual process anymore, and are unlikely to release much anyway, as they are allowed to keep their sources and processes confidential. I don't know if anyone here has made such a request.)

You can also ask your MP to inquire with IRCC about the status of your application, though they won't be able to get much (if any) additional information. In any case, it is my understanding that if your application is stuck in background checks there is nothing that can be done to expedite the process.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
According to their website you can contact them once you reached a year. I would wait until May and then phone them.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi everyone .
I need help please
Did you submit police certificate if you were out of Canada more than 183 days in last 4 years before you applied?