+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi,everyone,I have a question about mailing passport to ircc

jeremyxia

Nov 3, 2018
I am trying to extending my try inside Canada, and I am just wondering after receiving PPR, can I send my passport with courier (UPS to be exact), both sending and returning (I will purchase the returning envelop as well in UPS), as there is a serious mail backlog with Canada Post right now, and I have booked air ticket to go back to my home country in Feb, I really don't wanna anything go wrong with my plan. Thank you guys for answering !!:):)

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey,
You have travel plans in February??
Your visa is approved already yeah? i dont think you have any reason to sweat. You will have you rpassport in hand way before february.
i booked tickets on December 24 : ( and now you got me worried

Reactions: jeremyxia

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I am trying to extending my try inside Canada, and I am just wondering after receiving PPR, can I send my passport with courier (UPS to be exact), both sending and returning (I will purchase the returning envelop as well in UPS), as there is a serious mail backlog with Canada Post right now, and I have booked air ticket to go back to my home country in Feb, I really don't wanna anything go wrong with my plan. Thank you guys for answering !!:):)
On the email/letter of your passport request its mentioned that "if you send your application via a private courier - they will send you back your passport via regular mail". ( regular mail is Canada post )
i think they are doing this because the government supports the Canada post.
your best bet is to buy a prepaid express post package and send you passport with UPS. this way at least the return of your passport will be sent to you via express post.
i did the same thing

Reactions: jeremyxia

jeremyxia

Nov 3, 2018
Hey,
Your visa is approved already yeah? i dont think you have any reason to sweat. You will have you rpassport in hand way before february.
Just went back from Canada Post, glad to see them back to work, and yeah, I got my ppr 2 days after submitting, they were unbelievably fast, lets keep the finger crossed that we will get our passport back soon

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hey,
I booked my flight ticket on the 25th of December too. I applied for TRV extension inside canada (after extending my study permit). How much time do you guys think it will take me to receive the passport ? Note that Im still waiting for approval ( i applied online on the 24th of November)

Reactions: snehavyas

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I booked my flight ticket on the 25th of December too. I applied for TRV extension inside canada (after extending my study permit). How much time do you guys think it will take me to receive the passport ? Note that Im still waiting for approval ( i applied online on the 24th of November)
Hey!
If everything goes will you should receive your approval within a week from the date you applied.
for the passport's journey we have to give easy 18-20 days with this canada post on strike

Reactions: 17ha15

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Let's hope you get your visa by the end of this week
do the same thing most of us are doing.
send you passport by UPS and buy a prepaid express package for the return of your passport

Reactions: 17ha15

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Let's hope you get your visa by the end of this week
do the same thing most of us are doing.
send you passport by UPS and buy a prepaid express package for the return of your passport
Hi, thank you so so much for your reply. I'm expecting a passport request from CIC on Monday. However, I'm planning to send my passport via FedEx and buy a returning envelope and put it in the originally sent envelope. So two envelope (one for the sent and one for the returning mail). Is it a good idea? Because I guess if I used Canada post I will lose so much time as you said. Please let me know.

PS: what is a prepaid express package? You mean another envelope so that CIC can return my passport? Thank you again!

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi, thank you so so much for your reply. I'm expecting a passport request from CIC on Monday. However, I'm planning to send my passport via FedEx and buy a returning envelope and put it in the originally sent envelope. So two envelope (one for the sent and one for the returning mail). Is it a good idea? Because I guess if I used Canada post I will lose so much time as you said. Please let me know.

PS: what is a prepaid express package? You mean another envelope so that CIC can return my passport? Thank you again!
Hey,
Yeah, you pack another small envelope inside the big one for CIC to mail you your passport back.
You can contact the CIC agent about prepaying a private courier so you get your passport back without any delays from Canada post.
I don't have any idea about this. Once my application was approved i sent the passport in hurry that's why i did not have time to check my options

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
On the email/letter of your passport request its mentioned that "if you send your application via a private courier - they will send you back your passport via regular mail". ( regular mail is Canada post )
i think they are doing this because the government supports the Canada post.
your best bet is to buy a prepaid express post package and send you passport with UPS. this way at least the return of your passport will be sent to you via express post.
i did the same thing
Did you have any problem sending it the PO BOX address with UPS? My passport copy is stuck with Canadapost and I want to resend them because I dont trust them that they will arrive on time. (WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY)

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Did you have any problem sending it the PO BOX address with UPS? My passport copy is stuck with Canadapost and I want to resend them because I dont trust them that they will arrive on time. (WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY)
Did the passport got stuck when sending it to CIC or when receiving it? What happened exactly I didn't understand..

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Did the passport got stuck when sending it to CIC or when receiving it? What happened exactly I didn't understand..
Canadapost had a massive back log and my package took longer to arrive. that was my situation but it's all sorted now. thanks!

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Canadapost had a massive back log and my package took longer to arrive. that was my situation but it's all sorted now. thanks!
How much time did it take you to receive your passport after being sent from cic? did u use canada post to return your passport?

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys,
has anyone experienced this before? I called ircc agent, they said they have shipped passport back today but still i cannot track it. So paranoid.
Does it take time for tracker to be updated? I used UPS with another envelope for them to send back.