+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hey

Phestlady

Feb 14, 2019
Hey, my husband wants to move to Canada for school and he said I will join him in 6 months since he is going as a married man. I want to know if is possible or is it something that will take more than that. Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey, my husband wants to move to Canada for school and he said I will join him in 6 months since he is going as a married man. I want to know if is possible or is it something that will take more than that. Thanks
Has he been accepted to a college for a suitable study program? And, has he applied to your local visa office for a study permit if the course is more than 6 months?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He has been offered admission and the course is a diploma course of 2 years.
If you are married, then you can apply to join him immediately either on a visitor visa or open work permit - however there is never a guarantee either will be approved.

YoungstownVlogger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Gurdaspur
Hi,

I think he can bring you there after completing 6 months of his study, you can immidietly apply for a visitor visa or a work permit. It's all up to your profile. You may be eligible for both, work permit is a better option, but if you are not eligible you may go for a visitor visa and later after spending some time in Canada you can change it to a work visa.

Good luck.

Phestlady

Feb 14, 2019
Hi,

I think he can bring you there after completing 6 months of his study, you can immidietly apply for a visitor visa or a work permit. It's all up to your profile. You may be eligible for both, work permit is a better option, but if you are not eligible you may go for a visitor visa and later after spending some time in Canada you can change it to a work visa.

Good luck.

Phestlady

Feb 14, 2019
Sorry Pls what do u mean by is upto my profile. Is that something we need to fill before he leaves or what?

YoungstownVlogger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Gurdaspur
Really. Thank u for ur help. I will try and see other ways of joining him there.
This is a big relief. Thank u so much.
Yes it's true, even if he is studying yet, i mean you guys don't need to wait for his Permanent Residency. You can go there while his studies.

Your most welcome.

In which province or college your husband studying, would you like to share mam?

YoungstownVlogger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Gurdaspur
Sorry Pls what do u mean by is upto my profile. Is that something we need to fill before he leaves or what?
I mean if you want to go for a Work permit right, then you have to show up your educational background and work experience and a job offer from canada. I am not sure but you may have to fulfill such requirements for a work visa.

On the other hand, in case of a visitor visa, you don't need such formalities. It's very easy to get. You may hire a good consultant.

Phestlady

Feb 14, 2019
But to get a work permit he will be the one to help me get a job over there or is it something I can do here by myself? Most times is really not easy from here unless u are already over there.