+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Herpes

Vinzi2sec

Jun 1, 2022
I have found out that I’m suffering from genetic herpes. Im a student of Canada and I just need to found that can immigration department can refuse my Pr application since I’m having herpes?? Please help

Mer 01-84

May 12, 2022
Hi,

If it helps, they don't ask for a herpes test in the medical exams. Both my spouse and I have herpes and we both passed medicals twice (upfront medicals: Feb 2021, medicals requested May 12 2022 and passed on May 20).
The blood tests are only for HIV, syphilis, and to check your serum creatinine levels, plus the registered physician conducting the exams performs a general physical check-up and asks for your personal health history and that of your family, specifically asking for serious diseases that you or members of your family have. Specific items the physician has to check in the Medical History section of the form:
  • Tuberculosis and treatment (which anyways would show in your x-rays)
  • Close household contact with tuberculosis
  • Prolonged medical treatment and/or repeated hospital admissions for any reason, including a major operation or psychiatric illness
  • Psychological / psychiatric disorder
  • abnormal or reactive HIV blood test
  • abnormal or reactive Hepatitis B or C blood test
  • Cancer or Malignancy in the last 5 years
  • Diabetes
  • Heart condition including coronary disease, hypertension, valve or congenital disease
  • Blood condition including thalassemia
  • Kidney or bladder disease
  • An ongoing physical or intellectual disability affecting your current or future ability to function independently or be able to work full-time (including autism or developmental delay)
  • An addiction to drugs or alcohol
  • List any prescribed medicatiion
  • Pregnancy

Nataly5

Dec 6, 2022
Hi,

If it helps, they don't ask for a herpes test in the medical exams. Both my spouse and I have herpes and we both passed medicals twice (upfront medicals: Feb 2021, medicals requested May 12 2022 and passed on May 20).
The blood tests are only for HIV, syphilis, and to check your serum creatinine levels, plus the registered physician conducting the exams performs a general physical check-up and asks for your personal health history and that of your family, specifically asking for serious diseases that you or members of your family have. Specific items the physician has to check in the Medical History section of the form:
  • Tuberculosis and treatment (which anyways would show in your x-rays)
  • Close household contact with tuberculosis
  • Prolonged medical treatment and/or repeated hospital admissions for any reason, including a major operation or psychiatric illness
  • Psychological / psychiatric disorder
  • abnormal or reactive HIV blood test
  • abnormal or reactive Hepatitis B or C blood test
  • Cancer or Malignancy in the last 5 years
  • Diabetes
  • Heart condition including coronary disease, hypertension, valve or congenital disease
  • Blood condition including thalassemia
  • Kidney or bladder disease
  • An ongoing physical or intellectual disability affecting your current or future ability to function independently or be able to work full-time (including autism or developmental delay)
  • An addiction to drugs or alcohol
  • List any prescribed medicatiion
  • Pregnancy
Hello Mer, did you have to disclose this information with the physician at the moment of the exam for immigration? I have genital herpes and I have get medicine in canada to treat this virus a few times during 2021. I will go for PR application soon and this have been at the top of my head for a while.
Thank you.

Reactions: abseven

Hictor48999

Jan 28, 2023
Hello Mer, did you have to disclose this information with the physician at the moment of the exam for immigration? I have genital herpes and I have get medicine in canada to treat this virus a few times during 2021. I will go for PR application soon and this have been at the top of my head for a while.
Thank you.
Did you find out .. whether we need to disclose the genital herpes to physician?

Mer 01-84

May 12, 2022
Did you find out .. whether we need to disclose the genital herpes to physician?
Sorry for not answering earlier. No need to disclose it, since the physician did not ask. Just answer to the questions they ask, but if they specifically ask for herpes, I think it's best to tell the truth. What they do ask, is if you are in general good health condition. With herpes, it depends. For some people, it gets milder and outbreaks tend to be less frequent after the first one, but for others it is more frequent and disruptive.

Hictor48999

Jan 28, 2023
Sorry for not answering earlier. No need to disclose it, since the physician did not ask. Just answer to the questions they ask, but if they specifically ask for herpes, I think it's best to tell the truth. What they do ask, is if you are in general good health condition. With herpes, it depends. For some people, it gets milder and outbreaks tend to be less frequent after the first one, but for others it is more frequent and disruptive.
Got it… Thanks for the response.

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
Thank you.
Hello, I've sent you a message please check it. It will be of immense help!

shib123

Mar 15, 2024
Hi everyone. I recently diagnose hsv 1 and I'm planning to apply for pr soon. Does anyone here already have approved pr with hsv 1 ? I hope someone reply in my inquiry because I'm feeling down already when I received the result. Thanks

Sam2004unique

Apr 4, 2024
Hii where you get tested for it in canada and how you getting treatment for it please suggest me i am already facing with hsv symptoms