+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis or Liver disease

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Will any type of Hepatitis or Liver disease will cause denial from visa issuance? What if the hepatitis is being treated, will they still issue the visa once you are cleared?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reydon123 said:
Will any type of Hepatitis or Liver disease will cause denial from visa issuance? What if the hepatitis is being treated, will they still issue the visa once you are cleared?

They will not include the Hepatitis in your laboratory blood test unless you have any physical symptoms appear on your body (any damage caused by the virus), they will just ask you verbally if you have ever suffered from any kind of Hepatitis, if you answer no they will check the box for (NO) answer, if you say yes, they will ask you for further tests related to the liver's functions to make sure that the virus is inactive and has no effect on your body that might require excessive demand on treatment.

Good luck.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I agree they will not check for that unless you say so or they find symptoms. So, if the disease is cured, and there are no symptoms then there is no need to mention it either.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
If you had hepatitis... you have to disclose it... otherwise you will be misrepresenting your health history. Question 8 is "have you ever had: A history of jaundice or HEPATITIS involving you OR anyone in your immediate family?"... This will be asked in Section B of the form IMM 5419. Lying is not a good advice.

Regards.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Hi friends,

I went through the medical check up today. the nurse asked if you had any history of jaundice. I said I had jaundice 6 yrs ago. I am afraid if this will make any issues for immigration. Even though i had jaundice 6 yrs before its completely cured and i have no symptoms or any kinda illness. I am lil worried will there be any problem? any advice ?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
In Jaundice, your liver won't function properly ~ You don't need to worry about that as if they need, they will ask further Liver or hepatitis test to see if the liver function is normal. You sit back, they just don't make problems because they think you are not cured, they go by facts.

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
may i ask what type pf Hepa you are worried about? A, B or C?

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
char_bonel said:
may i ask what type pf Hepa you are worried about? A, B or C?
I dont know what type of hepa was that i guess the most minor one as it got cured within 2 weaks. After 6 months I came to usa before coming to usa I had to go thru detail medical checkup (this is for everyone as per US immigration rule) had to take hepatitis vacine (this is also for everyone before coming US)

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
i think if its the minor type of hepa like hepa A for instance (coming from food and water), it can be cured and after treatment, dipen is correct, it will leave no trace. but for the other types of hepa like B and C, can be detected through blood samples.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
I got response from people who suggested jaundice is just a hepatitis A and no need to worry
I have one more question.

Since the doctor is going to check mark on if the person has history of jaundice or hepatitis as Yes.
And I have no other medical report to show that its already been taken care. IS it a good idea I just go and perform the hepatitis result test and send them along with the medical report to CIC ( I already talked with doctor he is okay if i need to go thru hepatitis test on my personal expense) Or do i just ignore any medical checkup right now and just wait for the cic response. Do u have any idea what will be the best thing to do. Do I not worry at all right now? Will CIC request any further details later?

Honeydew

May 8, 2009
Hi Dipen,

Just like everyone says, no need to worry, but if you're still not sure about it, you can take the additional test and ask the DMP to send it along, the lab result will show that your liver function are all ok, and there's nothing to worry about. My DMP did the additional test on my liver function because I never had the vaccination before, and he suggest me to take one, I double confirmed to him, will it affect the PR process, he said it won't cause any problem.

Yogesh.mahi

Jun 14, 2017
Yesterday was my medical test for study visa
Doctor asked me if i had any history about jaundice and i said yes
He just said okay

If this affect my visa?