+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hepatitis b

gindi89

Jan 26, 2018
hlo everyone ,
i am suffering from hepatitis b . but not on chronic stage
will my medical be clear as a student???????
thnks
plz reply

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
hlo everyone ,
i am suffering from hepatitis b . but not on chronic stage
will my medical be clear as a student???????
thnks
plz reply
Hi Gindi, how was your medical? have you passed the medical exam with Hepatitis B? Please do reply and share some information for the same because my case is similar to you.

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Hi Gindi, how was your medical? have you passed the medical exam with Hepatitis B? Please do reply and share some information for the same because my case is similar to you.
Will depend on your case. Don't know your case but I just passed the medical in February 2021. My case is chronic Hepatitis since 2015 and under medication (Tenofovir). I was requested to issue medical report from my physician

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
Will depend on your case. Don't know your case but I just passed the medical in February 2021. My case is chronic Hepatitis since 2015 and under medication (Tenofovir). I was requested to issue medical report from my physician
Thank you for your reply, my case is initial as my doctor told me and I do not require any treatment. One thing I want to know did IRCC ask you to do some further tests related to Hepatitis B? or they just passed you?

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Thank you for your reply, my case is initial as my doctor told me and I do not require any treatment. One thing I want to know did IRCC ask you to do some further tests related to Hepatitis B? or they just passed you?
I did the mistake to not add any report. So got a mail asking to provide a document so they can complete the assessment. Went to the IRCC's doctor who told me to provide a medical report with no precision of what should be in the report. I went to my physician who made a list of test like: ASAT, ALAT, viral load VHB, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, Ag HBS, Ag HBe, Fibroscan, Liver ultrasound and few other test I don't remember. Spent two months to get the report. IRCC will not generally tell you what test to do but your physician will have to issue the report with as much information as possible on your current health condition. Then you go with the report and supported documents (lab analysis report, ultrasound report, fibroscan report...) to the IRCC doctor who will check and confirm that report is not a fake document. Once he ( IRCC's doctor) is OK with that he will then upload the report. Took me a month to clear the medical after uploading the report. I hope I help.

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
I did the mistake to not add any report. So got a mail asking to provide a document so they can complete the assessment. Went to the IRCC's doctor who told me to provide a medical report with no precision of what should be in the report. I went to my physician who made a list of test like: ASAT, ALAT, viral load VHB, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, Ag HBS, Ag HBe, Fibroscan, Liver ultrasound and few other test I don't remember. Spent two months to get the report. IRCC will not generally tell you what test to do but your physician will have to issue the report with as much information as possible on your current health condition. Then you go with the report and supported documents (lab analysis report, ultrasound report, fibroscan report...) to the IRCC doctor who will check and confirm that report is not a fake document. Once he ( IRCC's doctor) is OK with that he will then upload the report. Took me a month to clear the medical after uploading the report. I hope I help.
Okay, I have all these test reports like viral load VHB, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, Ag HBS, Ag HBe, Fibroscan, Liver ultrasound because recently I consulted with the doctor. Now I am a little confused I gave my medical on 26th of Mar 2021 and I show these reports to the doctor but he refused to check them and said we don't care about your previous tests. I don't know what should I do now? those tests you mentioned you took from an IRCC authorized physician or we can get it done from any physician?

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Okay, I have all these test reports like viral load VHB, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, Ag HBS, Ag HBe, Fibroscan, Liver ultrasound because recently I consulted with the doctor. Now I am a little confused I gave my medical on 26th of Mar 2021 and I show these reports to the doctor but he refused to check them and said we don't care about your previous tests. I don't know what should I do now? those tests you mentioned you took from an IRCC authorized physician or we can get it done from any physician?
For me it was my physician since 2015 who made the request for Lab test and issued a single page report with all the data from the Lab. If you mentioned that you're VHB positive and did not provide a report or they find out, then they will send you a mail and ask you for more detail on your condition. So the medical report. Now if you already provided a report and the IRCC's doctor did not look at the Lab test report, it should be OK for you.
If it comes to the report, just go and see your doctor. Single page report is enough.
IRCC doctor will do some test but there are some they don't do and they will have to care about your previous test sure if they are not too old.

What I can say is that there should be no issue for you. Maybe a delay but you should be fine. No worry.

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
@Elsa18 My doctor already made this report and clearly mentioned that I am inactive and no further treatment required, but I don't know to whom I should provide this report because the hospital where I had my medical refused to add it. Can we add this report to the visa application?

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
@Elsa18 My doctor already made this report and clearly mentioned that I am inactive and no further treatment required, but I don't know to whom I should provide this report because the hospital where I had my medical refused to add it. Can we add this report to the visa application?
No wait for the reply. If they mentioned during medical screening with IRCC's doctor that you are VHB positive, you will surely get a mail asking more detail on your condition. Then you will drop the report. Don't know why he did not take it first time. From the document provided to you after the medical with IRCC's doctor you should be able to know if this was mentioned in your record.

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
No wait for the reply. If they mentioned during medical screening with IRCC's doctor that you are VHB positive, you will surely get a mail asking more detail on your condition. Then you will drop the report. Don't know why he did not take it first time. From the document provided to you after the medical with IRCC's doctor you should be able to know if this was mentioned in your record.
Thank you so much for this information I asked for it on my threads but didn't get useful details. As I want to apply for a Canada Study Visa should I lodge my visa file or I should wait for IRCC's mail for medical?

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Thank you so much for this information I asked for it on my threads but didn't get useful details. As I want to apply for a Canada Study Visa should I lodge my visa file or I should wait for IRCC's mail for medical?
Personally I think that you can go head with the study visa. Mine is PR visa. So they had to go through my medical because there is a threshold I should not exceed. For the study visa, still they will have a look in your medical so if you apply and they see there is a piece of document missing to decide whether they will provide the Visa or not, they will contact you. I think you can go head and this is my point of view.

Mandeepk08

Jan 20, 2021
Personally I think that you can go head with the study visa. Mine is PR visa. So they had to go through my medical because there is a threshold I should not exceed. For the study visa, still they will have a look in your medical so if you apply and they see there is a piece of document missing to decide whether they will provide the Visa or not, they will contact you. I think you can go head and this is my point of view.
Okay, I'll lodge my application soon. Thank you for such information :)

Dauda06

Sep 22, 2023
If someone apply for visa and the visa was granted, later now discovered he or she has hepatitis b. What can that person do