+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B Positive-Non active

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Hello

Just had my medical yesterday and did the terrible mistake of blurting out that i am positive for hep b but its non active. I am worried now. The hawkish attitude of the people and how it changed afterwards like they have caught a criminal or whatever, really felt very disgusted. The flurry of activity and hyper efficient (fake) attitude of the lady doc and constantly asking me questions to pry more information out of me... Terrible terrible experience. Now, tell me who have real good insight into these subjects, is hep-b carriers-non active are restricted entry? What are my chances? And would they have tested my blood for Hepatitis B even without the voluntary disclosure? I fear i have done myself in and blasted my chance. May as well go and bump it off.....

Best Regards & Good luck to all aspirants.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
yasir8959 said:
Hello

Just had my medical yesterday and did the terrible mistake of blurting out that i am positive for hep b but its non active. I am worried now. The hawkish attitude of the people and how it changed afterwards like they have caught a criminal or whatever, really felt very disgusted. The flurry of activity and hyper efficient (fake) attitude of the lady doc and constantly asking me questions to pry more information out of me... Terrible terrible experience. Now, tell me who have real good insight into these subjects, is hep-b carriers-non active are restricted entry? What are my chances? And would they have tested my blood for Hepatitis B even without the voluntary disclosure? I fear i have done myself in and blasted my chance. May as well go and bump it off.....

The test includes HIV, TB, Hep B and others. It's good you informed that. If their test proved negative, then they'll ask you to do it again. My friend was tested Hep B positive, but he did it again and tested negative.
Anyway, if you're Hep B positive, but healthy I don't think you'll be denied visa, after all it's not communicable diease like TB.

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
dok said:
The test includes HIV, TB, Hep B and others. It's good you informed that. If their test proved negative, then they'll ask you to do it again. My friend was tested Hep B positive, but he did it again and tested negative.
Anyway, if you're Hep B positive, but healthy I don't think you'll be denied visa, after all it's not communicable diease like TB.
They only care about TB, HIV and Syphilis. Relax

piyek

Aug 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18 2014
Doc's Request.
February 19 2014
Nomination.....
June 16, 2014
AOR Received.
June 16, 2014
IELTS Request
January, 18 2014
Med's Request
August, 16 2014
yasiralam10 said:
They only care about TB, HIV and Syphilis. Relax
Hai there..I am new here..I am about to do medical examination for the next to week, I have hepatitis B carrier History, probably about 15 Years a go, I diagnosed hepatitis B carries but not active, I am healthy person and live healthy too...do you think they will reject my my Permanent resident visa application because of the Hepatitis B ? what kind of subject they test the Blood for ? like HIV, TB etc..they do check Hepatitis B too ?

Please help me on this matter, hope someone have same case as mine...please advise me about this situation, I am so concern about this matter, it will coz visa denied.

Cheers

jerlits

Aug 24, 2014
hi..im a filipino nurse working for 6 yrs. and im hepatitis b positive just a carrier and my cousin is in manitoba and wants me to apply as mpnp. im just worried that if i apply and be a NOMINEE, would their be a chance that i would be denied in the medical exam or get a visa. thanks just need your help.

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
yasir8959 said:
Hello

Yasir bhai, when did you received medical call? You did not asked CIC to with draw ur application as you were not allowed by university to join classes late?

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
yasir8959 said:
Hello

Dont worry, i know someone who has Hep B and still got their visas. You will get through.

ayesha786

Apr 12, 2012
Hi Yasir

What happened to your case. My relative has a medical appointment in 2 weeks and is hep b carrier. Should he disclose it at the medical appointment. Please let me know what is your status and did u get approved. Is there anything that we need to know. Any information in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
ayesha786 said:
Hi Yasir

What happened to your case. My relative has a medical appointment in 2 weeks and is hep b carrier. Should he disclose it at the medical appointment. Please let me know what is your status and did u get approved. Is there anything that we need to know. Any information in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks
They are more concerned about hepatitis A and your cousin will have to disclose this otherwise they may also find from his blood sample. Just ask your cousin to take his reports with him while visiting IOM. Suppose if he does not have his reports with him, ask him to get a certificate from his doctor that he was under treatment for this reason and now he is well. No worries and stay positive!