+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B- CIC rejection What should I do?

superredkid

May 13, 2015
I have received a letter from CIC about my virus level in my blood (I have Hepatitis B when I was very young but It’s very normal in south east countries I have it for so many years and not things wrong yet). CIC said that my application is going to be rejected due to 2 reasons:
- CIC worry that my health issue may affect Canadian community
- Canada health government doesn’t want to spend too much money on my health problem (may cost 65,000 cad in 5 years)
However, the virus in my blood is not as worse as they have written in the letter. The Medical examination checked 959,000 (very normal) and the letter CIC sent me was 959,000,000 (worse). It is 1000 times difference. I believe CIC office has done something wrong so that I am going to ask the lawyer to help with my issue. The lawyer required me to put 65,000 cads in Canadian bank account to show my willingness and ability to provide for my own medical coverage.
I would like to hear the advice from everyone. I am very confused right now. I wonder why the lawyer doses not help me to ask CIC to check my application again and about their mistake with my application. Why do I need to accept their decision about health problem? What can I do?

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
seems like some on had entered the value with typo, in ur application. which country are you applying from and did you check with the place where you did the medical test ?

superredkid

May 13, 2015
KingOfGoodTimes said:
seems like some on had entered the value with typo, in ur application. which country are you applying from and did you check with the place where you did the medical test ?
@KingOfGoodTimes: I am from Vietnam. I double checked with the clinic, I even got the copy from them. For sure, I tested my blood 2 - 3 times again and the result is always good (below 959,000).

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
superredkid said:
@ KingOfGoodTimes: I am from Vietnam. I double checked with the clinic, I even got the copy from them. For sure, I tested my blood 2 - 3 times again and the result is always good (below 959,000).
You should use the case specific form on CIC website and update the CIC that there is an error in the medical results recorded with CIC for your blood test. If you can afford I suggest that you hire a lawyer to represent you (can cost between $2500-$3000).

You can also call CIC at 1888-242-2100 and email CIC and raise your objection against the CIC decision.

brabus

Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
@superredkid, did you do when you went for medical examination did you do additional in-depth examination for Hep B or CIC requested such additional examination for Hep B after initial results or CIC made a decision based on initial test results?

superredkid

May 13, 2015
astasi said:
You should use the case specific form on CIC website and update the CIC that there is an error in the medical results recorded with CIC for your blood test. If you can afford I suggest that you hire a lawyer to represent you (can cost between $2500-$3000).

You can also call CIC at 1888-242-2100 and email CIC and raise your objection against the CIC decision.
Thank you for your advise, I have contacted with a lawyer. They ask me to open a Trust account, I am going to do it now. However, I have a new problem because I don't really understand about that kind of account so I get confused right now.

superredkid

May 13, 2015
brabus said:
@ superredkid, did you do when you went for medical examination did you do additional in-depth examination for Hep B or CIC requested such additional examination for Hep B after initial results or CIC made a decision based on initial test results?
CIC requested me to take additional medical examination due to I told them that I have Hep B. I guess CIC made a decision based on my second test result (CIC made a mistake and those data was from the second one)

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
Your best bet is to get professional advice from an immigration lawyer.

As a personal story from another fellow applicant, I can tell you I had some medical problems with my report. The doctor office in the US (I'm an applicant from the USA) who performed my medical was hard to get in touch with just to schedule the appointment, and once there they forgot to take my photo and I had to go back for that. A week later I received a call that my urine sample went missing and had to go back to re-take that test. The service was very poor to say the least. When they submitted the results, they miscalculated the imperial US height measurements from feet/inches into centimeters, so I looked morbidly obese on the official report when I'm in fact not. My tests cost nearly $600 USD, but since I had to go to a doc in the USA there was no surprise there with the overbilling since that's what doctors here like to do. It was an all around horrible experience for something so important, and it took them nearly 4 weeks just to get the results to Canada after the initial visit when you only have 30 days to submit.

I don't think the misreported height/weight is going to cause CIC to reject me; however, if I face any problems from it I'll question whether I want to continue. I don't think it will matter, but I'm still not finished yet.

I feel your pain, while I think my application is okay, I feel for anyone going through this process. The CIC is an unforgiving group in a country known for its openness. You certainly can't expect CIC to cut you any slack.

Best of luck.

wuzhi516

Aug 24, 2015
superredkid said:
I have received a letter from CIC about my virus level in my blood (I have Hepatitis B when I was very young but It's very normal in south east countries I have it for so many years and not things wrong yet). CIC said that my application is going to be rejected due to 2 reasons:
- Canada health government doesn't want to spend too much money on my health problem (may cost 65,000 cad in 5 years)
However, the virus in my blood is not as worse as they have written in the letter. The Medical examination checked 959,000 (very normal) and the letter CIC sent me was 959,000,000 (worse). It is 1000 times difference. I believe CIC office has done something wrong so that I am going to ask the lawyer to help with my issue. The lawyer required me to put 65,000 cads in Canadian bank account to show my willingness and ability to provide for my own medical coverage.
I would like to hear the advice from everyone. I am very confused right now. I wonder why the lawyer doses not help me to ask CIC to check my application again and about their mistake with my application. Why do I need to accept their decision about health problem? What can I do?
Hi I have same issue with you? Did you pass the test? Did you get your PR yet?

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
@superredkid: where did you take medical test in Vietnam?

wuzhi516

Aug 24, 2015
superredkid said:
I have received a letter from CIC about my virus level in my blood (I have Hepatitis B when I was very young but It's very normal in south east countries I have it for so many years and not things wrong yet). CIC said that my application is going to be rejected due to 2 reasons:
- Canada health government doesn't want to spend too much money on my health problem (may cost 65,000 cad in 5 years)
Hi there. I'm also a carrier? How is your case going on? Can you plz give me some advises

anlindsey

Feb 26, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 25,2016
Nomination.....
March 8, 2016
AOR Received.
July 25, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical: March 28,2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed: November 1, 2016
Any updates on your case?were you given a fairness letter?@superredkid we have whatsapp grp.join us
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1GpanOiHqvm9N7vxGL4asj

W A A M

Oct 8, 2016
Hello

Can you please add me to this whatsup group?
I will be facing a similar situation.

Thanks
+97466723839

Last edited: