17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Hi there,

My friend in Uganda (known him for 14 years now, wow!), is a trained doctor who received his credentials from a university in Kampala, UG. He is, due to COVID's effects, without a job and there is no work for doctors in UG unless you are wealthy and well-connected. I am looking into having him come work in the medical field in Canada in some capacity. We are both fully aware that, most likely, his credentials will not transfer and he would not be a doctor in Canada. That said, he wants to use his healthcare experience in some way here if possible.

When looking at the Skilled Worker information, it does not include healthcare professionals. So I am wondering if people on this forum know how to navigate this situation, if there is an office I can speak to or a process I can start to help him get here.

Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

My friend in Uganda (known him for 14 years now, wow!), is a trained doctor who received his credentials from a university in Kampala, UG. He is, due to COVID's effects, without a job and there is no work for doctors in UG unless you are wealthy and well-connected. I am looking into having him come work in the medical field in Canada in some capacity. We are both fully aware that, most likely, his credentials will not transfer and he would not be a doctor in Canada. That said, he wants to use his healthcare experience in some way here if possible.

When looking at the Skilled Worker information, it does not include healthcare professionals. So I am wondering if people on this forum know how to navigate this situation, if there is an office I can speak to or a process I can start to help him get here.

Thank you in advance
If he wants to move to Canada under a work permit, he needs to secure a job offer in Canada and that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA.

If he wants to move to Canada through immigration, he should look into the Express Entry program which is the Federal Skilled Worker program. There is no occupation list. All skilled occupations are accepted. You must be looking at out of date information. Look here instead. He needs a score of 470+ to have a decent chance of being selected:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Thanks scylla, I'll look into this!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi there,

Thank you in advance
One of my regular taxi driver is from Iran. He is a orthopaedic surgeon by training. In 2 years that I know him, he has been working out his license etc. To be honest, I do not have his contact information any more. But I DO know that he has been working on his license and exam while using taxi as a source of income.