28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
(My friend is replying directly)

Hi! I’ve now paid my entire first semester of fees (a little over $9000CAD) and I’m just waiting for the receipts to include to re-apply for the visa. I also have provided a breakdown of my salaries that I will receive in the coming 6 months that will cover the entire second (and last) semester of my tuition, meaning I will be paying off the whole year of tuition by December 2023, and the school term starts in January 2024.
She needs to show funds that are available in bank accounts now - not future salaries. The full funds to cover her second semester tuition + the $10K in living expenses have to be available now. IRCC will not consider funds received in the future (e.g. future salary payments).

Chris Lee

Aug 26, 2021
How much did she show in her bank accounts? How long is program? Paying a deposit is a couple hundred dollars, not paying tuition. Even if staying with aunt, she still needs to show funds for living expenses. Aunt can move, kick her out etc.

I included my bank statements showing that I’ve been saving almost my entire salary every month since I started my contract job so that I could pay for the tuition. I also provided my father's bank statements and a letter from him indicating that he would provide me financial aid. I think the mistake I made though is saying that I intended on taking up part-time employment in Canada as well to help fund my stay… and I didn’t realize that the IRCC wants you to prove you can fund your stay WITHOUT employment in Canada.

I have now paid my entire first semester of fees and I’m just waiting to get the receipt confirmation from the college. I am also going to include a breakdown of the second semester (and final payment of tuition) which will show that I will have approximately $9941 CAD to pay off my last $8645 CAD in fees. So I definitely have enough to cover me entire tuition for the year.

With respect to living expenses, I have a part-time job that I do remotely that I will be continuing during my stay in Canada. I also have the letter from my father stating he will provide me financial aid for living expenses during my stay. He was more specific this time and included that he would be giving me a monthly allowance starting at around $970 CAD (and more if needed).

In total, I will be showing that I will have around $1690CAD a month during my stay in Canada while studying.

The program is one academic year (8 months actual time from January 2024-August 2024) in Kitchener, Ontario. The proof of living expenses on the Canadian immigration website says they need to see $833 CAD / per month (not inclusive of tuition) so I’m assuming this included rent/housing too? Now that I’m showing that I will have approx. $1690 a month for living expenses, this would be able to cover a monthly rent expense even though I’m staying with my aunt?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I included my bank statements showing that I’ve been saving almost my entire salary every month since I started my contract job so that I could pay for the tuition. I also provided my father's bank statements and a letter from him indicating that he would provide me financial aid. I think the mistake I made though is saying that I intended on taking up part-time employment in Canada as well to help fund my stay… and I didn’t realize that the IRCC wants you to prove you can fund your stay WITHOUT employment in Canada.

I have now paid my entire first semester of fees and I’m just waiting to get the receipt confirmation from the college. I am also going to include a breakdown of the second semester (and final payment of tuition) which will show that I will have approximately $9941 CAD to pay off my last $8645 CAD in fees. So I definitely have enough to cover me entire tuition for the year.

With respect to living expenses, I have a part-time job that I do remotely that I will be continuing during my stay in Canada. I also have the letter from my father stating he will provide me financial aid for living expenses during my stay. He was more specific this time and included that he would be giving me a monthly allowance starting at around $970 CAD (and more if needed).

In total, I will be showing that I will have around $1690CAD a month during my stay in Canada while studying.

The program is one academic year (8 months actual time from January 2024-August 2024) in Kitchener, Ontario. The proof of living expenses on the Canadian immigration website says they need to see $833 CAD / per month (not inclusive of tuition) so I’m assuming this included rent/housing too? Now that I’m showing that I will have approx. $1690 a month for living expenses, this would be able to cover a monthly rent expense even though I’m staying with my aunt?

Thank you!
No need to post the same thing over and over again.

How much can she show in savings right now (i.e. available bank balance) between her own savings and her father's bank statement? She needs to show at least $19K but more would be strongly advised since she will also have to pay for flights.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Still not showing enough funds if she still owes $9900 in tuition and showing $16900 in bank account. If showing father’s banks statements they must be personal not business accounts.

Where do you get this $800 per month from Canadian immigration website. If going to Contestoga, here is the list of expenses. $800 is just for rent in a private room and doesn’t include food, utilities, phone, textbooks, transportation etc.

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/international/student-support/cost-of-living

Chris Lee

Aug 26, 2021
I'm sorry everyone, she's currently at work. Once she reads all of your responses, I'll send in her reply.

Thank you for the responses in the meantime!

Chris Lee

Aug 26, 2021
Still not showing enough funds if she still owes $9900 in tuition and showing $16900 in bank account. If showing father’s banks statements they must be personal not business accounts.

Where do you get this $800 per month from Canadian immigration website. If going to Contestoga, here is the list of expenses. $800 is just for rent in a private room and doesn’t include food, utilities, phone, textbooks, transportation etc.

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/international/student-support/cost-of-living
(She is directly replying)

I can't show $16900 in my bank account. Since I’d be receiving $1,690 CAD every month during my stay in Canada, I do not have that money right now. If you’d like to see where I got the $833.00CAD figure from you can visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html and check the section that references “Proof of Financial Support”. If the case is that I truly have to show all this money, I guess I’m going to have to take out a loan and repay it with the future salaries and the allowances I made reference to.

Chris Lee

Aug 26, 2021
No need to post the same thing over and over again.

How much can she show in savings right now (i.e. available bank balance) between her own savings and her father's bank statement? She needs to show at least $19K but more would be strongly advised since she will also have to pay for flights.

I do not have any savings currently because I just paid for the first semester with all the savings I made in the last 6 months. All I can show right now are credit cards ($3000US and $500US limits), a fixed deposit cashable in one year worth approx. $3900 CAD, and a savings account (not on my name, but I can transfer at any time for my tuition with approx. $1900CAD). It seems I’m going to have to get a loan approval and possible take out a loan, equaling $8800CAD (second semester tuition)+ $10,000CAD(living expenses)? I can’t think of any other option right now :/

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

I can't show $16900 in my bank account. Since I’d be receiving $1,690 CAD every month during my stay in Canada, I do not have that money right now. If you’d like to see where I got the $833.00CAD figure from you can visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html and check the section that references “Proof of Financial Support”. If the case is that I truly have to show all this money, I guess I’m going to have to take out a loan and repay it with the future salaries and the allowances I made reference to.
Simple answer…she needs to greatly increase her funds. If she paid for first semester and says she has zero funds, she cannot afford her studies as still needs to pay second semester and minimum $10k in living expenses. And the $10k is minimum and she should show much more. Getting paid monthly is not funds. It is not guaranteed. She needs to show the money in her account now. Credit cards are not funds. Her FD is not even available only $3900.

Chris Lee

Aug 26, 2021
She needs to show funds that are available in bank accounts now - not future salaries. The full funds to cover her second semester tuition + the $10K in living expenses have to be available now. IRCC will not consider funds received in the future (e.g. future salary payments).
(She is replying directly)

IRCC won’t consider projected budgets and proof of savings? As in I can clearly show that I have a job that pays me x amount every month and I’m on contract, so I won’t be terminated at any point in time. I would have included my two job letters for my contract and permanent job along with pay slips. I also mentioned my father’s bank statements would show his salary and benefits replenishing every month too. If this is the case, I’m thinking I really should just take a loan for this money and repay it? What do you think? I know IRCC website did say that they consider Educational Loans as Proof of Finances, and it would mean I have the money immediately to show them. And if the case is that they want to see the money for the visa application, I can technically pay these loans back as soon as I get approval of the visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

IRCC won’t consider projected budgets and proof of savings? As in I can clearly show that I have a job that pays me x amount every month and I’m on contract, so I won’t be terminated at any point in time. I would have included my two job letters for my contract and permanent job along with pay slips. I also mentioned my father’s bank statements would show his salary and benefits replenishing every month too. If this is the case, I’m thinking I really should just take a loan for this money and repay it? What do you think? I know IRCC website did say that they consider Educational Loans as Proof of Finances, and it would mean I have the money immediately to show them. And if the case is that they want to see the money for the visa application, I can technically pay these loans back as soon as I get approval of the visa?
Projected budgets / future earnings / future salary & benefit payments will not be considered.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Projected income is not savings. A job (when you should be studying) is not relevant. Payslips are not relevant. She needs to show money in the bank. If she doesn’t have the funds, she either saves for it or takes a loan.

Reactions: hamgha

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

No, you need to show the entire money in advance, not "I may be getting it in the future".

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

Jobs can be lost, money in the future doesn't mean anything.