+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helping a friend about a discrepancy in his PR status

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Am still bit confused actually. So he was given a letter from court, stating that he didnt declare his legal relationship status. So he told me to make a statutory letter/support letter for him.

Question. If I will provide that letter, will I get involved in her problem, like will the court question me and summon me on why I know this matter and kept this like as a secret too? But what I know is that he was transparent all along. :/

As much as possible, I really wanna help, but I want a quiet life too. :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Am still bit confused actually. So he was given a letter from court, stating that he didnt declare his legal relationship status. So he told me to make a statutory letter/support letter for him.

Question. If I will provide that letter, will I get involved in her problem, like will the court question me and summon me on why I know this matter and kept this like as a secret too? But what I know is that he was transparent all along. :/

You haven't provided enough details for us to comment.

What did your friend apply for?

What do you mean by "he was given a letter from court"? Which court?

Reactions: Lolly smiles

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

While I dont think you can get in any real trouble as long as you dont lie to the court, this would be something you need to talk to a lawyer about.