+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help

rajesh singh

Nov 27, 2016
Greetings!
I’m new to forum & have few doubts if any senior member can assist that will be of great help.

First both of us are in age group of 41 Plus my DOB-29-05-75 & My wife DOB-11-08-75, so we both are in borderline to get any substantial points on age to qualify.
We both are normal graduate where she has done her bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University and have done my graduation from Delhi university & both three year degree programme. Apart from that I have done P.G Diploma in Business Administration from Symbiosis Institute through correspondence, not sure if that will be considered in point calculation as it is through correspondence.
So based on our profile if I calculate qualifying points we both don’t cut the ice.
As we get 5 or 6 point for age if they consider 41 or 42, then for qualification we get 21 points…work experience we get 15 points as we both have substantial work experience.
So far we have not written IELTS but s we both can manage 6.5 or 7 band .

Now my question is do they consider spouse IELTS score in calculating overall qualifying point, as we both can write IELTS , somehow I was not able to find such details on website.
Secondly, do you people think based on our age and our experience do we stand chance to get PR visa if at all we qualify, as we both are normal sales & marketing professional my wife is GM sales in one small organization and at present I am self-employed ( Full time Stock & Derivative Trader) since last more than 6 years.

If anyone can provide some honest input, that would of great help.
Thanks,
Rajesh

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes, your spouse's IELTS can bring up to 20 extra points to your CRS http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1
2 - If you're over 450 I would say you have a chance. You should calculate your potential score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Cheers :)

rajesh singh

Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for the prompt revert ,mate.
Have one follow up doubt, as you mentioned one can get additional 20 points for spouse language skill, it means the required qualifying points of 67 is for individual candidate or I missing something?
Also if we both get our educational certificates certified then too any additional benefits or only required for primary applicant.
Again do I get extra point for my PG course that I did through correspondence.
Thanks again , and if any advise through that we can improve our chances.
Regards,

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Hello,

Have you tried this tool yet? This should give you an idea on how much score you can get ... You can try both; individually and with spouse and see which fetches you more points...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajesh singh said:
Thanks for the prompt revert ,mate.
Have one follow up doubt, as you mentioned one can get additional 20 points for spouse language skill, it means the required qualifying points of 67 is for individual candidate or I missing something?
Also if we both get our educational certificates certified then too any additional benefits or only required for primary applicant.
Again do I get extra point for my PG course that I did through correspondence.
Thanks again , and if any advise through that we can improve our chances.
Regards,
No, you're thinking of the selecting factors of FSW - yes, you need 67 out of 100 to be eligible.

I'm talking about your CRS score once you create an Express Entry profile. Your spouse's Canadian work experience, English level and education can bring points to your application. If you need the points from your spouse's education then get her credentials assessed.

I can't tell you whether your PG course will add points, you would have to get that assessed to see the equivalency.

Cheers :)

rajesh singh

Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for your replies. Truly appreciate that.

Neither of us having any Canadian work experience. I was just checking eligibility criteria for EE, if we put IELTS score approx. 7 point for main applicant and around 6 point for partner then we qualify,( for IELTS we are confident we both can manage with decent band) but overall CRS remains very poor just 300. Based on this poor CRS if by any chance we get valid work permit , do we qualify to get visa, or poor CRS will be deterrent. Apart from IELTS anything else can be done to enhance the chances to get into the pool.
Regards,

ektasapra

Jul 22, 2015
Ielts is the only way that your points can increase. Aim for the highest band and your scores will be 100 points almost.

Few bachelor degrees are considered masters. I have done my 3yrs BSc from Hansraj Delhi abd it is considered as 4Yrs masters.

If you get a score of 400plus you may qualify for Provincial Nomination which is a straightforward Ita.

You can also try for SINP they follow a different system and lot of people below 400 scores have also Rcvd ITA.

Understand all the categories of Provincial Nominations and there is definitely hope.

ATB

rajesh singh said:
Thanks for your replies. Truly appreciate that.

Neither of us having any Canadian work experience. I was just checking eligibility criteria for EE, if we put IELTS score approx. 7 point for main applicant and around 6 point for partner then we qualify,( for IELTS we are confident we both can manage with decent band) but overall CRS remains very poor just 300. Based on this poor CRS if by any chance we get valid work permit , do we qualify to get visa, or poor CRS will be deterrent. Apart from IELTS anything else can be done to enhance the chances to get into the pool.
Regards,

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajesh singh said:
Greetings!
I’m new to forum & have few doubts if any senior member can assist that will be of great help.

First both of us are in age group of 41 Plus my DOB-29-05-75 & My wife DOB-11-08-75, so we both are in borderline to get any substantial points on age to qualify.
We both are normal graduate where she has done her bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University and have done my graduation from Delhi university & both three year degree programme. Apart from that I have done P.G Diploma in Business Administration from Symbiosis Institute through correspondence, not sure if that will be considered in point calculation as it is through correspondence.
So based on our profile if I calculate qualifying points we both don’t cut the ice.
As we get 5 or 6 point for age if they consider 41 or 42, then for qualification we get 21 points…work experience we get 15 points as we both have substantial work experience.
So far we have not written IELTS but s we both can manage 6.5 or 7 band .

Now my question is do they consider spouse IELTS score in calculating overall qualifying point, as we both can write IELTS , somehow I was not able to find such details on website.
Secondly, do you people think based on our age and our experience do we stand chance to get PR visa if at all we qualify, as we both are normal sales & marketing professional my wife is GM sales in one small organization and at present I am self-employed ( Full time Stock & Derivative Trader) since last more than 6 years.

If anyone can provide some honest input, that would of great help.
Thanks,
Rajesh
You have to first qualify as FSW by getting 67 points out of 100. Spouse ielts shall give you 5 points in that,
Once you get 67 points ,only then you can apply

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With your age, you will might still qualify for the first part (which is to enter EE as such) but also maybe not. (you need to check that for yourself). I think you can still hit that one.
Anyway you can also try paper based application in which case check possible provincial programms (Saskatchewan, Manitoba or New Brunswick).

rajesh singh

Nov 27, 2016
ektasapra said:
Ielts is the only way that your points can increase. Aim for the highest band and your scores will be 100 points almost.

Few bachelor degrees are considered masters. I have done my 3yrs BSc from Hansraj Delhi abd it is considered as 4Yrs masters.

If you get a score of 400plus you may qualify for Provincial Nomination which is a straightforward Ita.

You can also try for SINP they follow a different system and lot of people below 400 scores have also Rcvd ITA.

Understand all the categories of Provincial Nominations and there is definitely hope.

ATB
Mine is BA Eco. so i don't think that will be considered as 4 Years degree. However i will check if my P.G Diploma from Symbiosis through correspondence will fetch any additional point.
As you people rightly pointed now we both will focus on IELTS only, & try to get maximum out there.
Thanks,

rajesh singh

Nov 27, 2016
bhavcaluk said:
You have to first qualify as FSW by getting 67 points out of 100. Spouse ielts shall give you 5 points in that,
Once you get 67 points ,only then you can apply
I have checked if we considering IELTS for both of us then only we getting desired point...it showing around 71..i guess that should suffice for FSW.
Thanks,

rajesh singh

Nov 27, 2016
vensak said:
With your age, you will might still qualify for the first part (which is to enter EE as such) but also maybe not. (you need to check that for yourself). I think you can still hit that one.
Anyway you can also try paper based application in which case check possible provincial programms (Saskatchewan, Manitoba or New Brunswick).
Thanks,
Will check all possible options available, now all focus on IELTS only.