+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! WP extension refused because of no LMO. AOR hasn't received yet.

fanziyi

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
mesumrizvi said:
If your employer is willing to get you LMO.. take it and run with it.. there is no other way right now.. if there was no LMO in equation.. your best option was to stay in Canada as a visitor ineligible to take any job.. consider it a blessing your employer is willing to help with LMO..

I was in same situation and my employer was not going to help me with LMO... so i applied for paper based BOWP which took over 80 days but was eventually approved.
I should have known this earlier. It is really helpful. By the way, did you have an AOR when you applied for BOWP?

TorontoCC

Sep 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 2, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 4, 2016
Passport Req..
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Fanziyi,

Did you apply for a BOWP, or did you apply for an extension of your regular work permit?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanziyi said:
My WP extension was refused on Dec 8th because i did not have a LMO which was not asked for at my first work permit application. However, i indeed changed position title. PR application under CEC was submitted end of August and AOR is not issued yet.

I have 90 days to apply for a restoration of my status. However, i can not work and had to resign right away (did on Dec 9th )

My employer insists getting a LMO for me and they already hired a lawyer working on this. I prefer to leave Canada soon and wait until i hopefully get my PR and come back. Then my project will be delayed or even taken over by others which is very painful for me.

Please please anyone give your suggestions if your could have any...

before your boss change mind, ask him to apply . that is best for you too.

now almost everything need LMIA , so it will become more and more tough , when your boss aware it is a trouble, he may regret it . so apply now.