+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: WP-EXT for PGWP

Rsrv

Mar 25, 2016
Hi,

I completed my 1-year course in May and applied for PGWP before starting my job. The processing is ridiculously slow and I'm not expecting it until the Oct (current processing time in 165 days for online). However, I received a WP-EXT for PGWP letter where they mention this clause that I'm authorized to work until Sept 7 or until decision has been made on PGWP, whichever is earlier. And now my employer is also asking proof for continuing to work after Sept 7. This seems to be a random date since my study permit is only expiring on Sept 30..

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I completed my 1-year course in May and applied for PGWP before starting my job. The processing is ridiculously slow and I'm not expecting it until the Oct (current processing time in 165 days for online). However, I received a WP-EXT for PGWP letter where they mention this clause that I'm authorized to work until Sept 7 or until decision has been made on PGWP, whichever is earlier. And now my employer is also asking proof for continuing to work after Sept 7. This seems to be a random date since my study permit is only expiring on Sept 30..
Your study permit is no longer valid 90 days after graduation so how is it random?