+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Visitor Records and its affect on my application!

Mar 14, 2014
Wow its been a crazy journey!
The story...

After visiting 8+ times to Canada (from scotland), my fiance (at the time) got stopped by immigration for the first time and was refused entry to Canada! Two weeks before our wedding might i add. I got brought in for questioning and the first thing i was told "Were sending your fiance on a flight back home tonight". Probably the scariest day of my life. Bless the immigration officers heart for changing her decision because our wedding was all paid for and his family and friends already bought their flight + hotel tickets for the wedding!

Instead of the booked 5 month stay, initially she shortened it to July 31st (our wedding was on july 11) but humbly changed it again till August 31st so that we may have enough time to get our application all together and sent out (we have yet to hear back). And reading through these forums i did include a "visitor visa extension".

Upon shortening our stay, a visitor record was put in his passport stating he needed to leave by August 31st. What i'm worried about now is, our inbound application was sent in and we have no idea what to do with this Visitor Record. As we know, for inbound applications to stay intact, you cannot leave the country...

Im always thinking the worst.. is there a notification that goes off on their system saying this person hasn't left the country yet... should i call in and notify them about the application in process?

Any words of wisdom will help. So grateful for your time!

Have a blessed day! xx

Side question that has been eating me up as well... When i sent in our package of proof.. i sent probably over 100k text messages... There is a lot of fighting.... We're a stubborn couple... Should i have edited that out? :-[ :-[ :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should post you question to the Family Class section of the forum.

I think it was a mistake to apply inland. You now have at least a 13 month wait ahead of you just to get first stage approval and then an additional wait of an unknown period of time to get PR - during which time you shouldn't leave Canada (especially give your past issues entering the country).

I would personally consider withdrawing your application and applying outland.

Again, post your question to the Family section of the forum.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know of a person with same experience as yours. And she's now married and got in-land pr application in as well. What she did was to send in an application for visitor extension based on pending pr application and she requested for 1 year which was granted. Just like others mentioned and as you may know, in-land application becomes void if the applicant leave Canada.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CluelessNickey said:
Thanks for the help PT!

How is her application going? :)
...pretty still new and hoping to get through the 1st stage soon.