+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with the forms please.

kogi323

Mar 11, 2019
Hello everyone.

I would like to ask for advice with two questions I’m not sure how to deal with.

1. Form 5532 NEW (02-2019) Part A (sponsor) point 7. Previous relationships:

I have put my wife’s (sponsor) first husband here. Should I put here also her common low partner of few years she was living with abroad, before she met me? If yes – how do I let the officer know it was common law relationship since there will be only one divorce certificate attached. ( There is no distinction in the form)

2. Form 5533 Part B point 5. Employment/Source of Income

Sorry if it’s a silly question, but quite stressed with all these forms and don’t want to mess it up. Getting your answers is always very comforting.

We have my wife’s employment letter, but no Notice of Assessment (she moved back to Canada November 2018). As we have only half of what is required should I:

a) tick the box and provide the letter of explanation

b) leave the box empty and provide the letter of explanation

Thank you to all the lovely people for your time and all the help I can find on this forum .

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You will have to enter details of both the common law relationship and previous marriage on part 7. A divorce certificate will serve to show the distinction i suppose? As it will have the information of her ex husband which has been entered in part 7.

With the common law relationship,the checklist states that she may be asked to provide additional information about previous common-law relationship(s) at a later time. If she has any at hand she can submit it as well I suppose to avoid future delays should they decide to ask for further additional information. If she does not i should be okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: kogi323

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
2. Form 5533 Part B point 5. Employment/Source of Income

Sorry if it’s a silly question, but quite stressed with all these forms and don’t want to mess it up. Getting your answers is always very comforting.

We have my wife’s employment letter, but no Notice of Assessment (she moved back to Canada November 2018). As we have only half of what is required should I:

a) tick the box and provide the letter of explanation

b) leave the box empty and provide the letter of explanation
Tick the box. Do not leave the box empty. Attach the sponsor's employment letter with all the required information.

Also, they have asked for Your (Sponsor's) most recent Notice of Assessment or Proof of income statement (Option C). If the Sponsor does not have the 2017 or 2018 documents (since she moved back to Canada recently), she has to submit the most recent one that she has (may be 2015 or 2016). Also, since she is not providing documents from the most recent taxation year, she has to submit an explanation on a separate sheet of paper explaining why she did not file her taxes for the most recent year and also provide additional financial documents (like bank statements, etc) to prove that she will be able to support the Principal Applicant

Reactions: kogi323