+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help With Student Visa After 11 Years of Gap in Studies

Abhineet

Jun 12, 2018
Hi People

I have completed my Graduation in 2007. But I am employed since 2009 continuously.

Now I want to do some Masters from Canada. Is it possible to get a Visa. (Is there a chance?).I intent to get a student loan for my studies there.

Please Note - I am married and have a kid (3 year). I want them to come with me after I will land in Canada. Probably she can get a OWP or a Visitor Visa. (What are her chances?)

For Family ties - I have my own House under Loan, I have my parents (father is retired).

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hi People

I have completed my Graduation in 2007. But I am employed since 2009 continuously.

Now I want to do some Masters from Canada. Is it possible to get a Visa. (Is there a chance?).I intent to get a student loan for my studies there.

Please Note - I am married and have a kid (3 year). I want them to come with me after I will land in Canada. Probably she can get a OWP or a Visitor Visa. (What are her chances?)

For Family ties - I have my own House under Loan, I have my parents (father is retired).
Few flags that visa officer is going to raise:

1. After 9 years of work you are financing Masters via education loan. This is a concern for VO.
2. When you are planning to pursue Masters on education loan, then how can you pay back home loan. VO sees this as double loan burden.
3. Till wife finds work, how can you support family when your Masters itself is on education loan.
4. You have home loan and Masters will on education loan, then how can you support retired parents.

You should have answers to convince visa officer on above scenarios.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Spouses and children can apply but are not guaranteed permits to accompany students. A large factor will be whether you have enough savings to support them without working. It will be quite difficult to convince CIC that after working for 9 years you want to leave your job unless you have significant savings. You will have to address these issues as well. Best of luck.

Abhineet

Jun 12, 2018
Few flags that visa officer is going to raise:

1. After 9 years of work you are financing Masters via education loan. This is a concern for VO.
2. When you are planning to pursue Masters on education loan, then how can you pay back home loan. VO sees this as double loan burden.
3. Till wife finds work, how can you support family when your Masters itself is on education loan.
4. You have home loan and Masters will on education loan, then how can you support retired parents.

You should have answers to convince visa officer on above scenarios.
Thanks for addressing the question in detail. Will work towards a solution to this.

Abhineet

Jun 12, 2018
Spouses and children can apply but are not guaranteed permits to accompany students. A large factor will be whether you have enough savings to support them without working. It will be quite difficult to convince CIC that after working for 9 years you want to leave your job unless you have significant savings. You will have to address these issues as well. Best of luck.
Thanks for the answer.

In the given scenario, what are some chances that I can work on in order to work towards the same. Any expert tips and tricks for the same?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the answer.

In the given scenario, what are some chances that I can work on in order to work towards the same. Any expert tips and tricks for the same?
It has to make sense. Would have to be logical based on your previous education and jobs. Also must lead to more career opportunities. The issue will likely financial. With a family and mortgage why would you take such a financial hit by travelling overseas to do a masters when you could do a masters in your home country. Also have to get admitted to a masters program.

Abhineet

Jun 12, 2018
It has to make sense. Would have to be logical based on your previous education and jobs. Also must lead to more career opportunities. The issue will likely financial. With a family and mortgage why would you take such a financial hit by travelling overseas to do a masters when you could do a masters in your home country. Also have to get admitted to a masters program.
Understood. Thanks

Ravinder51

Jun 9, 2016
I too have applied after 8 Years of Gap after MBA( Marketing) my experience is in HR. Now I want to study Supply vhain Management diploma. I have attached only experience letter nothing else. What r my chances?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I too have applied after 8 Years of Gap after MBA( Marketing) my experience is in HR. Now I want to study Supply vhain Management diploma. I have attached only experience letter nothing else. What r my chances?
No SOP, no transcripts, no bank statements, etc.??? It is a big change of career that doesn't make sense so would imagine chances not great but only am getting a small snapshot of your application.

Ravinder51

Jun 9, 2016
No SOP, no transcripts, no bank statements, etc.??? It is a big change of career that doesn't make sense so would imagine chances not great but only am getting a small snapshot of your application.
Only SOP nothing else !! To be honest with u my experience in not genuine.