+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP WITH SPOUSAL VISA PLS!!!

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Hi friends,

I needed help with certain doubts/queries I haveregarding spousal immigration.

I'm a Canadian P.R. of Indian origin and by God's grace, its been a yr and a half living in this beautiful country :)
I am getting married nxt yr (in Jan!!!yes less time). I would like to bring my wife with me when I come back after marriage/vaccation. I wanted to know how can I file for my would be/wife? I have done some internet research and found (or rather think I understand) that I could apply from India and would take,on average, 9 months altogether (incl. internal and external applictaion). I would like to know what the exact steps are and how to go about and what are the things I should do and how long would it take for the entire process. (I am sorry to cause trouble, as Im pretty sure it may have been discussed earlier in this forum, I couldn't go through as I din't get time..workin nights these days!! :( )

I wanted to know what 's the easiest and fastest way to bring her along with me? Is it possible for my would-be to apply for a visit/temporary resident visa prior to our marriage and then come along with me and then apply for P.R. from within the country? what would the processing time for that?

Also what is the processing time of visit visa from Kerala, India? For the visit visa application what are the steps and what documents are needed to prove financial status (pls provide in both cases). And if applying for a visit visa, would she have to say where she stayin' here when she comes?if so could she mention me as her would-be or rather a friend ;) (to avoid hassles/problems)? Would she be able to study later if she comes on a visit visa?I know she won't be able to work on a visit visa, but still askin', is it possible?

I would be extremely grateful for your valuable feedback. Thank you very much :)

Peace out!God bless!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Denzil said:
Hi friends,

I needed help with certain doubts/queries I haveregarding spousal immigration.

I'm a Canadian P.R. of Indian origin and by God's grace, its been a yr and a half living in this beautiful country :)
I am getting married nxt yr (in Jan!!!yes less time). I would like to bring my wife with me when I come back after marriage/vaccation. I wanted to know how can I file for my would be/wife? I have done some internet research and found (or rather think I understand) that I could apply from India and would take,on average, 9 months altogether (incl. internal and external applictaion). I would like to know what the exact steps are and how to go about and what are the things I should do and how long would it take for the entire process. (I am sorry to cause trouble, as Im pretty sure it may have been discussed earlier in this forum, I couldn't go through as I din't get time..workin nights these days!! :( )

I wanted to know what 's the easiest and fastest way to bring her along with me? Is it possible for my would-be to apply for a visit/temporary resident visa prior to our marriage and then come along with me and then apply for P.R. from within the country? what would the processing time for that?

Also what is the processing time of visit visa from Kerala, India? For the visit visa application what are the steps and what documents are needed to prove financial status (pls provide in both cases). And if applying for a visit visa, would she have to say where she stayin' here when she comes?if so could she mention me as her would-be or rather a friend ;) (to avoid hassles/problems)? Would she be able to study later if she comes on a visit visa?I know she won't be able to work on a visit visa, but still askin', is it possible?

I would be extremely grateful for your valuable feedback. Thank you very much :)

Peace out!God bless!
*if you get married and sponsor her from India, it will take 4-6 months.
*if she applies for TRV before marriage, she will have two options
1. she can stay inside canada and send inland application, which will take more than 2 years but she will get open work permit after 6-7 months (not recommended)
2. she can stay inside Canada and send outland application, which will take only 4-6 months (on average) but after you receive sponsorship approval after 3 months of application submission, New Delhi will request her passport and she wont be able to send her passport from there, she needs to come back to India. again she has 3 option
I) she can return back to submit her passport right after she gets passport request from New Delhi
II) she can contact New Delhi visa office to request her passport at the end of process, because she is outside of India. she can return back and submit her passport after second passport request.
III) she can send her passport with someone else coming from Canada to India but in case, there is any interview scheduled for her, she will be in problem.

my suggestion is, to apply tourist visa as a friend before marriage and move to canada after marriage and send outland application. after getting passport request, ask New Delhi to request passport at later stage and visit India after second passport request.

to get tourist visa, she needs to prove ties to her home country such as, job letter, admission letter, return ticket, rental agreement, property on her name, bank accounts and investments. she needs to show some money in her account to support her stay in Canada and you can write one invitation letter stating that you will provide accommodation, food and all other expenses during her stay in Canada.
hope it helps :)

achkorea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
22-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Request
Medical received 31-10-2011 (Medical exp., new med request) May/2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 (2nd Med compl May/2012)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Passport biopage and mailing address req. 17-8-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-12-2012
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that the average processing time is 8 months from when the Indian visa office receives the file to the issuing of the pr?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
achkorea said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that the average processing time is 8 months from when the Indian visa office receives the file to the issuing of the pr?
no you are not wrong, they have 8 months on their website but they dont take more than 4-5 months in 80-90 % cases :)

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Thanks alot for a quick reponse :) I really appreciate it. I have noted the points you mentioned.
Could you please tell me what would the finance amount (approx.) be, for both the TRV as well as PR application as my spouse?

I would like to know fees and expenses for the inland application. Also would she able to study[I believe she won't be able to work; isn't it?]

If I am bringing her after our marriage on PR would I have to show money here in my Canadian bank as well as Indian bank(in either of our names)?

Thank you once again my friends! :D

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Denzil said:
Thanks alot for a quick reponse :) I really appreciate it. I have noted the points you mentioned.
Could you please tell me what would the finance amount (approx.) be, for both the TRV as well as PR application as my spouse?
there is no exact amount mentioned on CIC website but she needs to show something, 7-8 thousands CAD $ should be enough for 6 months stay. in case of PR application, you need to prove that, you can support her for next 3 years, if you have a job that will be more than enough. in case you have no job, you can show bank savings and investments.

I would like to know fees and expenses for the inland application. Also would she able to study[I believe she won't be able to work; isn't it?]
no idea about inland fees and i would suggest not to go that way and she wont be able to study there during processing. if she is planning to study in Canada, she should wait for PR. after getting PR, she doesnt have to pay international tuition fees ( there will be at least $8000-$10,000 difference in fees)

If I am bringing her after our marriage on PR would I have to show money here in my Canadian bank as well as Indian bank(in either of our names)?
you dont need to show any money after she receives her PR, you can show your employment proofs and arranged housing

Thank you once again my friends! :D

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
hey ashunandal..

I have noted the points once again :)

The PR application from outland would be the same fer the PR process I had done isn't it??somewhere around 450 and 550 CAD (in 2 parts), am I right? or is it more or different for the process after marriage as she would be my spouse?

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Denzil said:
hey ashunandal..

I have noted the points once again :)

The PR application from outland would be the same fer the PR process I had done isn't it??somewhere around 450 and 550 CAD (in 2 parts), am I right? or is it more or different for the process after marriage as she would be my spouse?
It takes $1040 for outland application including sponsorship fee.

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Thank you for that info.. could u tell me the apy if my spouse is to take a TRV proximate amount I wud have to spend for the application within country incase my wife is to come here wid TRV ..
Also could anyone tell me/know if ppl have got their spousal visa wizhin a short time?what would be shortest or the earliest??

Thanx alot fer ur help guys!!!! :)
GOD BLESS!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Denzil said:
Thank you for that info.. could u tell me the apy if my spouse is to take a TRV proximate amount I wud have to spend for the application within country incase my wife is to come here wid TRV ..
Also could anyone tell me/know if ppl have got their spousal visa wizhin a short time?what would be shortest or the earliest??

Thanx alot fer ur help guys!!!! :)
GOD BLESS!
If you apply using the outland process - this should definitely be much faster. If you apply using the inland (within Canada) process, then you'll be waiting at least a year - possibly much longer. The costs of both applications are the same ($1040). In addition to the fees, you will also have to pay for a medical and the police certificates.

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Thanx alot scylla :)

could anyone tell me what's the earliest anyone got their spousal visa when applied from outside (India)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Try the New Delhi thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2012-applicants-t109821.0.html