+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with restoring status

karlossig

Feb 28, 2019
Hey there, I’d like to say thank you first for everyone’s help regarding my partners and I application. We have received another letter today, a small hiccup but potentially can hinder our application. Here is the story, my partner does not have status at the moment. We were just extending her visitor visa because were waiting on certain documents to help out our sponsorship application but the last time she got rejected (I’m guessing because the cic was wondering why we haven’t submitted our application yet) so with this we went to a immigration lawyer who then instructed us to submit our application along with the restoration of status to the same processing centre. Fast forward to today and we receive a letter that we submitted this restoration application to the wrong place while all the while our sponsorship application has gone thru and has been approved by principle. My question is if we resubmit this restoration. Do we need to submit everything with this? (Sponsorship package) for evidence and clarity on our application, do we just wait for the sponsorship to go thru and she gets her PR or does having no status affect this? Thank you and please ask me any questions if you have any.

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey, you should submit restauration and the letter stating that the SP app is approved in principle. I don't think you should send the entire package.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey there, I’d like to say thank you first for everyone’s help regarding my partners and I application. We have received another letter today, a small hiccup but potentially can hinder our application. Here is the story, my partner does not have status at the moment. We were just extending her visitor visa because were waiting on certain documents to help out our sponsorship application but the last time she got rejected (I’m guessing because the cic was wondering why we haven’t submitted our application yet) so with this we went to a immigration lawyer who then instructed us to submit our application along with the restoration of status to the same processing centre. Fast forward to today and we receive a letter that we submitted this restoration application to the wrong place while all the while our sponsorship application has gone thru and has been approved by principle. My question is if we resubmit this restoration. Do we need to submit everything with this? (Sponsorship package) for evidence and clarity on our application, do we just wait for the sponsorship to go thru and she gets her PR or does having no status affect this? Thank you and please ask me any questions if you have any.
Are you sure you mean your sponsorship has been AIP and not received and you have AOR. How long has it been since you submitted your sponsorship application?

karlossig

Feb 28, 2019
Are you sure you mean your sponsorship has been AIP and not received and you have AOR. How long has it been since you submitted your sponsorship application?
Oh no our application was received some time ago and has been reviewed. We received the letter that we are both eligible. This means we are AIP right? We submitted on the first week of February

karlossig

Feb 28, 2019
Hey, you should submit restauration and the letter stating that the SP app is approved in principle. I don't think you should send the entire package.
Ran into a problem applying online. A specified date is needed for when my partner's visitor visa record expired and that was well over 90 days ago. The thing is we submitted our entire package all together and didn't hear back from CIC until today or last week when we received our AIP. Would it be safe to input that her date would when we received either letters?

karlossig

Feb 28, 2019
Ran into a problem applying online. A specified date is needed for when my partner's visitor visa record expired and that was well over 90 days ago. The thing is we submitted our entire package all together and didn't hear back from CIC until today or last week when we received our AIP. Would it be safe to input that her date would when we received either letters?

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Unfortunately, I don't know if it will be safe or not, but I know for sure that you must answer truthfully what they ask you. I would put the original expiry date + 90 days, an explanation letter how this happened and that you tried to keep her in status and attach that AIP letter showing that there is a favorable pending application.
If you have a lawyer, or know one, probably makes sense to check with him/her this. I know, a consultation might be a bit expensive but it would give you the right answer.
Best of luck.