+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with relationship assessment

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
I am being sponsored by my husband who is a PR and my file is currently with NDVO. I wanted help in assessing proofs of our marriage and if the VO would ask anything further.

We met during our undergrad, were classmates for 4 years. We have known each other for 14 years and liked each other for 10 years now and have chats/emails for all the 10 years. I have met his family and have lived with his extended family in Canada. We have taken trips together and I have visited my husband several times in canada before and after the wedding. ( I do not live in Canada, have been in the US ). We got married in Canada last April and the marriage certificate is issued by BC. The only thing missing as I can see is a traditional ceremony which is to be held this year once our application is approved and my husband can travel out of Canada.

Do you see any red flags? Would anything here be not considered genuine?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Also, can I upload new photographs through webform ( for additional proof) now that my file has been transferred ? Is that allowed?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Why your husband can't travel for a ceremony now? If it's a traditional ceremony a red flag is not having one. Will be questioned by visa officer in interview. Can be grounds for refusal...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For applicants from India, the visa officer usually expects to see a big, lavish, traditional wedding ceremony with all the customs followed. Since you didn't do this, be prepared to explain why, if you are called for an interview.
However, the above applies more to arranged marriages. You have known your husband for a long time, so having had the traditional wedding is less critical. You have already sent in your application, so all you can do is hope for the best. Continue to collect evidence that your relationship is genuine, in case the visa officer asks for more proof.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Why your husband can't travel for a ceremony now? If it's a traditional ceremony a red flag is not having one. Will be questioned by visa officer in interview. Can be grounds for refusal...
We were gonna have a traditional ceremony but were advised that the sponsor not leave the country while PA's application is in process. However, people on this forum confirmed that short visits out of country are acceptable. So we will go ahead with our ceremony. We had also mentioned in our application that the traditional wedding will be held later this year. So I guess we shouldnt have any issues as long as we have one. Am I correct?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Seems to me once the formal wedding ceremony held with family from both sides, should alleviate any lingering concerns. Did you apply inland or outland? Have you also been reading the American & NDVO threads?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
It's an Outland application. Yes I have been reading the posts. I started freaking out though after reading the spouse rejection thread. Thank you for telling me the traditional ceremony will help!

Reactions: MaryL

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Your welcome, I had trouble convincing a girl from same VO as mine. Morocco. Was trying to tell her simple good advice. Not sure if she is taking it as she doesn't appear to be on here anymore.
In Morocco you can't marry on first meeting. Even a fast marriage is frowned upon. Also a big, traditional wedding has to happen. With at least one or two family members from Canada. You are a smart gal, you come here asking for help and you find it and take it. Good Luck to you and your husband : )

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
We now have a date for the traditional ceremony and my husband is visiting soon. Since we mentioned that there would be a traditional wedding in the application, do you suggest sending photographs, invitation once we have them? Or not do anything unless the VO asks for additional info?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We now have a date for the traditional ceremony and my husband is visiting soon. Since we mentioned that there would be a traditional wedding in the application, do you suggest sending photographs, invitation once we have them? Or not do anything unless the VO asks for additional info?
No. Do not send anything additional unless it is requested.

C

Classic Chucks

Send this additional information. It won't hurt to try. There was this couple who didn't inform VO of their traditional wedding and had an interview. Sometimes it is okay to send additional information voluntarily if it would make your case stronger. Good luck.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Two opposite views :) . Should I try calling cic for a third opinion?