+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with query regarding passport pickup for Visitor Visa

rahul.rn

Jan 19, 2016
Hello All,

Applied for my parents visitor visa from India and received the passport submission request but the courier pick up was missed.

I tried to contact passport submission to resend courier again but no response from their side. Anyone knows if I can pay again for the pickup?

Kindly note: The web form from VFS mentions not to submit twice.

Regards,
Rahul.

SunshineNam

Jul 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
IELTS Request
20-09-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-08-2017
Similar (but not quite!) situation. Paid for passport pick up and courier for my parents' visa. Even received the AWB number, but got an email AFTER saying that address is not serviceable.

It has been 12 days and no response from VFS at all! I spend every night (EST) calling the India office as soon as they open but its just a bunch of clueless people.

I too want to resubmit a new webform and start over, but it mentions that any duplicate webforms will be deleted and we might end up longer in the queue!
Hope you have resolved your issue!

rahul.rn

Jan 19, 2016
Similar (but not quite!) situation. Paid for passport pick up and courier for my parents' visa. Even received the AWB number, but got an email AFTER saying that address is not serviceable.

It has been 12 days and no response from VFS at all! I spend every night (EST) calling the India office as soon as they open but its just a bunch of clueless people.

I too want to resubmit a new webform and start over, but it mentions that any duplicate webforms will be deleted and we might end up longer in the queue!
Hope you have resolved your issue!
Hi, update from my side.. I called the VFS India helpline and asked them to try and contact thee passport submission team on my behalf.. I sent a lot of mails as well.. Finally they arranged a pickup last week..

I would say drop emails to passport submissions team and send reminders as well..

SunshineNam

Jul 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
IELTS Request
20-09-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-08-2017
Hi, update from my side.. I called the VFS India helpline and asked them to try and contact thee passport submission team on my behalf.. I sent a lot of mails as well.. Finally they arranged a pickup last week..

I would say drop emails to passport submissions team and send reminders as well..
Thanks for the update! I m still waiting to hear back from them. Did your parents' passport get picked up within 30 days of the PPR letter validity period?

SunshineNam

Jul 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
IELTS Request
20-09-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-08-2017
Good to know. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2022
No it was way past the date. IRCC has confirmed that they will accept it.
Hi Rahul,
I have booked 2-way courier pick up on 9th June 2022 for my son's TRV stamping on the passport. The Blue dart courier service is updated the status as pickup rescheduled by customer without attempting to pickup the passport. when we meet the blue dart courier service center now they are saying the request is expired and asked me to contact VFS and ask them to generate another token, but today we have received an email form VFS mentioning that we missed the first attempt and asked me to keep the things ready for the 2nd attempt by the blue dart courier for the passport pickup. when we went to blue dart courier service to handover the passport they are saying they are not able to find any records related to the airway bill number. Since the IRCC mentioned that we need to submit the passport within 30 days I am worried that we might miss the deadline. please let me know how to request IRCC to extend the passport submission time lines beyond 30 days.