+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with potential move to Montreal

justmarty

Jan 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just after some advice please about possible move to Montreal.

I am a sales manager that deals quite heavily in the Defence sector here in Australia. Due to this specialized area i have been asked about potentially relocating to Montreal to work for a company there (currently both our companies are doing a lot of work together and have been head hunted...not a bad thing really) but my main problem is I speak very little French.

So here are the questions

Firstly - I don't have a college degree but a lot of work experience...would a lack of college hinder me from obtaining a visa?

Secondly - As i don't converse in French to a decent standard (i am willing to learn don't get me wrong as would get more business done) would this block me from obtaining a visa as well?

Are the 2 "issues" relating to my questions ruling me out completely of this opportunity?

Thanks in advance everyone

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You would be better off posting in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

No - this won't necessarily prevent you from moving to Canada to take a role there.

FYI - in order for you to obtain a work permit, your employer in Canada will need to give you a full time job offer and also obtain an approved LMIA. To obtain an approved LMIA, your employer in Canada will have to advertise you position for at least a month to prove that no Canadian could be found for the role. Your employer will then need to submit the LMIA application for processing. Processing typically takes 2-4 months - but can take as little as a few weeks or over four months. So key to this succeeding is your employer proving no suitable Canadian could be found for this position.