+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with POF and Reference Letters

talhaansari

Jul 30, 2018
Hi,
I have got couple of questions if someone can please help me that. I have already received the ITA and have 53 days to submit the documents.
  1. I have worked for 3 different companies in last 6 years but I am only claiming the point from job I did from January 2014 - March 2018(Worked for 2 different companies but same NOC). I am not claiming points for my most recent one August 2018 - till now(too much of a hassle getting the reference letter) but I have mentioned it under my personal history.
  2. I earn more than the required amount for POF per month but my average balance for last 6 months doesn't reflect that as I use to spend most of that money. In my bank statement it can reflect back that I get paid and also my current balance is above the required 16k CAD. Can I submit my bank statement(reflecting the income) for last 6 months and my payslips to satisfy the POF requirement or do I need to do something else. Also the bank account I am going to show is my business account. I work as a contractor with my own Proprietary Limited company(sole owner).

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
1. That's fine.
2. As long as there are no recent unexplained deposits made to your account to meet the required minimum funds, you should be fine. I'm not too sure about using your business account. Perhaps you need to include a supporting document that you're the sole owner. I'll let someone else verify that.

talhaansari

Jul 30, 2018
Another question... I have just renewed my passport. Should I also attach a copy of old passport which contains visa stamps and travelling stamps along with the new one or just the new one(The passport was renewed yesterday)