+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Passport Validity inquiry

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
I am planning to submit our outland conjugal sponsorship application at end of August or first week of September. My partner's passport is set to expire on March 2022. He had already applied for renewal but wasn't able to claim his new passport because he had to leave to work overseas . He will be able to get his new passport by end of November this year once he's back. Would it be okay to just use his current passport details even though it is nearly expiring? And then just attach a letter stating that the latest passport details will be sent once my partner get it? Any thoughts? Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would use current passport and attached a note about the new passport claim in November. Would update upon request.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am planning to submit our outland conjugal sponsorship application at end of August or first week of September. My partner's passport is set to expire on March 2022. He had already applied for renewal but wasn't able to claim his new passport because he had to leave to work overseas . He will be able to get his new passport by end of November this year once he's back. Would it be okay to just use his current passport details even though it is nearly expiring? And then just attach a letter stating that the latest passport details will be sent once my partner get it? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Should be fine, don't think you even need to do explanation (although won't hurt).

When you get the new passport, just submit an electronic copy through webform. Won't take long and they will process (you may or may not get notification or confirmation, don't worry).