+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with NOC 2211

ajaxsurya

May 24, 2017
I am having trouble deciding the right NOC code. Could anyone help me confirm my NOC code ? I think my duties match NOC 2211 Chemical technologist and technicians, however I would appreciate if someone would have a look and confirm the same :) .

My duties are:
*Responsible for customer material development and testing projects including, designing, planning, costing the project, performing chemical, physical and thermal analysis and research and development of polymer ceramic and polymer fibre composites.
*Failure analysis on polymer composite products, recommend design, material or process improvements and operational testing.
*Perform physical and chemical tests on polymer resins, blends and composites using techniques like infra-red spectroscopy, thermal analysis and microscopy. Prepare or machine samples, specimens or formulations as required.
*Operate, maintain, commission and calibrate laboratory equipment and apparatus. Write operating procedures and risk assessments.
*Compile records and interpret experimental and analytical results. Generate technical reports.
*Supervise and train technicians and university interns.
*Perform quality control, inter laboratory and round robin tests.
*Develop training materials, lab demonstrations and public presentations.
*Design and fabricate test equipment or setup as required.

I work in a plastics and polymer testing lab. I perform mainly mechanical testing but occasionally perform chemical testing limited to infra red spectroscopy, prepare solutions / formulations and solvents, thermal analysis and research into ceramic chemistry.
Experience 2 years and ongoing. BEng in Polymer Engineering.

The duties of NOC 2211 are:
Chemical technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in chemical engineering, chemical and
biochemical research and analysis, industrial chemistry, chemical quality control and environmental protection. They are employed by research and
development and quality control laboratories, consulting engineering companies, in chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and a variety of other
manufacturing and processing industries, and by utilities, health, educational and government establishments.

Chemical technologists perform some or all of the following duties:
Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and
chemical separation techniques and microscopy
Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions of gas or liquid, reagents, and sample formulations
Compile records and interpret experimental or analytical results
Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates and
products
Assist in the development of chemical engineering processes, studies of chemical engineering procurement, construction, inspection
and maintenance and the development of standards, procedures and health and safety measures
Operate experimental chemical or petrochemical pilot plants
Conduct or assist in air and water quality testing and assessments, environmental monitoring and protection activities, and development
of and compliance with standards
Assist in synthesis of small molecules for the purpose of creating drug candidates
Assist in the design and fabrication of experimental apparatus.
Chemical technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
Assist in setting up and conducting chemical experiments, tests and analyses
Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions of gas and liquid, reagents and sample formulations
Compile records for analytical studies
Assist in developing and conducting programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards
Carry out a limited range of other technical functions in support of chemical research, tests and analyses, and environmental air and
water quality monitoring and protection
Assist in the design and fabrication of experimental apparatus.

I did try and send an email to The NOC Unit, Employment and Social Development Canada but got a very vague response.
I would appreciate if anyone would have a read through and provide some help.

Thank you in advance.