+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with gift deed

Maple_tree

Sep 18, 2019
Hello people,

I am aware of the format of the gift deed and affidavit. But I have the following concerns:

1. Do I need to take witnesses to the legal services to get this done? This will be difficult for me to arrange.
2. Or can anyone at some legal services stand witness after verifying our id cards?
3. If my dad is gifting me, can my mom be a witness?
4. Do I need 2 witnesses or just one is enough.
5. I heard that in order for gift deed to be valid it needs to be registered. For express entry does it need to be registered or if it's signed and stamped by a lawyer that is enough?
6. What documents do I need to take to get this done? Is a bank statement showing a transfer and our ID cards enough? or is tax receipts or something is required.

Any inputs would be of great help!

Thanks,
Maple_Tree

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hello people,

I am aware of the format of the gift deed and affidavit. But I have the following concerns:

1. Do I need to take witnesses to the legal services to get this done? This will be difficult for me to arrange.
2. Or can anyone at some legal services stand witness after verifying our id cards?
3. If my dad is gifting me, can my mom be a witness?
4. Do I need 2 witnesses or just one is enough.
5. I heard that in order for gift deed to be valid it needs to be registered. For express entry does it need to be registered or if it's signed and stamped by a lawyer that is enough?
6. What documents do I need to take to get this done? Is a bank statement showing a transfer and our ID cards enough? or is tax receipts or something is required.

Any inputs would be of great help!

Thanks,
Maple_Tree
The format of Gift deed is pretty simple you have to get it on a stamp paper of Rs 100/- and get it notary attested, if possible get it stamped with valid outside India. You don't need any bank statement you just have to mention the payment mode, amount, bank details, donor and donee details, dates etc. Anybody known to you can be used as a witness.

Maple_tree

Sep 18, 2019
but does the witnesses need to be present at the notary or is it enough if i get their signatures and then take the deed to the notary to get it attested?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
but does the witnesses need to be present at the notary or is it enough if i get their signatures and then take the deed to the notary to get it attested?
you can get the gift deed signed first and then notary later on, no need of physical presence of witness for notary.

Reactions: Maple_tree