+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with documents preparation delay after ITA due to the coronavirus outbreaks!!

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hey guys,

I've just got my ITA and prepare for the documentations for APR. I'm now living in the USA and I cam from China 5 yrs now. I'm now having troubles getting police certificate in China because of the outbreaks. The police station in my hometown has suspended providing police certificate for now. In addition, I also got 5k USD from my parents to meet the financial requirement, however, my parents couldn't get the gift deed notarized since the local notary office has closed since February. I'm afraid that I couldn't get those documents before the 60 days deadline due to the current situation in China. What should I do right now to still make it works? Is there any way that I can contact CIC to reflect my situation and maybe get some extra time for those documents?

Thanks a lot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I've just got my ITA and prepare for the documentations for APR. I'm now living in the USA and I cam from China 5 yrs now. I'm now having troubles getting police certificate in China because of the outbreaks. The police station in my hometown has suspended providing police certificate for now. In addition, I also got 5k USD from my parents to meet the financial requirement, however, my parents couldn't get the gift deed notarized since the local notary office has closed since February. I'm afraid that I couldn't get those documents before the 60 days deadline due to the current situation in China. What should I do right now to still make it works? Is there any way that I can contact CIC to reflect my situation and maybe get some extra time for those documents?

Thanks a lot
How many points do you have? It may make more sense to decline ITA and wait until you have the documents you need to submit your application.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot
Hi there,

I deeply feel you inconvenience! If you aren't able to get the Chinese police certificate before the 60-day deadline, you can try your best collect some evidences to show to IRCC the difficulties regarding obtaining Police Certificate from China (such as taking screenshots of the official notice regarding temporary service suspension on the PSB websites, or any correspondences between you and the authority showing that you have make great effort in requesting it). When you are about to upload your Police Certificate, you can instead upload all those evidence plus an explanation letter explaining your situation. This is actually suggested by IRCC for applicants who cannot timely produce the Police Certificate for whatever reason. You can check out the link and scroll down to the Police Certificate section.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

I'm sure that IRCC will consider this situation and will not reject your case solely based on the fact that you did not provide police certificate. Officers have discretion on this matter. In fact, IRCC has launched some special instructions to visa offices in China to cope with the current situation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/novel-coronavirus-special-measures.html

Although it did not specifically addressing PR applications, they are well aware of this epidemic outbreak and how it would affect many applicants.

The gift deed is just not that important anyways. You can just upload your bank statement for the Proof of Fund for now. If they have questions about the source of your funds at later stage during the process, they'll send you further request. It's not something that you must explain upfront.

Hope it helps you relax a little!

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I feel for you and sorry about all the inconvenience you have to cope with given the virus outbreak. Hope your family is doing well.
My suggestion would be staying patient and preparing all the other materials. The virus spread is slowly getting contained outside Hubei province so as long as your hometown is outside the epicenter, you should not worry too much about meeting the submission deadline. Otherwise, you can write a LOE to explain your case and there shouldn't be any issue giving you extra time to upload PC.
BTW, I don't think you need to notarize parents' gift money.

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi there,

I deeply feel you inconvenience! If you aren't able to get the Chinese police certificate before the 60-day deadline, you can try your best collect some evidences to show to IRCC the difficulties regarding obtaining Police Certificate from China (such as taking screenshots of the official notice regarding temporary service suspension on the PSB websites, or any correspondences between you and the authority showing that you have make great effort in requesting it). When you are about to upload your Police Certificate, you can instead upload all those evidence plus an explanation letter explaining your situation. This is actually suggested by IRCC for applicants who cannot timely produce the Police Certificate for whatever reason. You can check out the link and scroll down to the Police Certificate section.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

I'm sure that IRCC will consider this situation and will not reject your case solely based on the fact that you did not provide police certificate. Officers have discretion on this matter. In fact, IRCC has launched some special instructions to visa offices in China to cope with the current situation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/novel-coronavirus-special-measures.html

Although it did not specifically addressing PR applications, they are well aware of this epidemic outbreak and how it would affect many applicants.

The gift deed is just not that important anyways. You can just upload your bank statement for the Proof of Fund for now. If they have questions about the source of your funds at later stage during the process, they'll send you further request. It's not something that you must explain upfront.

Hope it helps you relax a little!
Thank you for your information,man