15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
Hi all,

I am helping my wife to complete her citizenship application. Yes, she speaks French and yes she can fill it completely, but I am helping her because she is really busy at school and work.

So, we have a question regarding proof documents.

When it says to list all your jobs and educational institutions you've attended for the last 4 years, do we need to send proof of employment or just school notes? Regarding this, the first year she did french classes, the second year she started a masters degree at one university and did not finish and the last year she is at another university. Now, they say we can't use the french classes as a proof for schooling, so what should we use? (it's a diploma from Ministère Immigration, diversité et intérgration that is recognized as proof for language criteria). Also, the university doesn't send transcripts by mail, they are all online. Can she print them or does she need to go to the university and pay for transcript? Usually, the transcript shows what classes by semester, can I just print the last one or all of them for each semester?

Thank you very much!

hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medellinguy said:
Hi all,

I am helping my wife to complete her citizenship application. Yes, she speaks French and yes she can fill it completely, but I am helping her because she is really busy at school and work.

When it says to list all your jobs and educational institutions you've attended for the last 4 years, do we need to send proof of employment or just school notes? Regarding this, the first year she did french classes, the second year she started a masters degree at one university and did not finish and the last year she is at another university. Now, they say we can't use the french classes as a proof for schooling, so what should we use? (it's a diploma from Ministère Immigration, diversité et intérgration that is recognized as proof for language criteria). Also, the university doesn't send transcripts by mail, they are all online. Can she print them or does she need to go to the university and pay for transcript? Usually, the transcript shows what classes by semester, can I just print the last one or all of them for each semester?

Thank you very much!
Dear friend,

few months ago they required to submit an employment record. later on i heard "im not sure" they removed that request from the application. in my application i have submitted proof of employments " record of employment, T4, payslip". for you to get the best and correct answer as well as the piece of mind i would suggest contacting CIC directly.
regarding the transcript. you have to obtain an official transcript from the registrar office at the university/ college that the applicant is attending. transcript are usually for free. i ordered mine in the morning and got them in the afternoon. the transcript will include all the courses taken by the applicant.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
They are no more asking for employment records, but there is no harm in sending few records if you feel it will support your case or just for your comfort.

It looked like this then:
http://imgbox.com/9i8OMHBQ

and now:
http://imgbox.com/TWuIXMbr

I will suggest to include some extra docs, especially if you were switching between jobs and schooling during the covered residency period. Fill all four year period month to month with no gaps.

You have to send the official education records/transcript which clearly show the attendance by name, not just a general transcript or course outline. What CIC is looking for is evidence to establish applicant's presence or absence from Canada, not the level of education attained or performance at school. So include anything convincing, get it from university if not in hand.

Those are language training programs, mostly Govt. funded short terms. No one goes there for many months or years unless he is doing a PhD in linguistics or too "smart" to catch with the levels.
The proof of obtaining the levels of language proficiency/certificate is required but not the attendance records. i.e. what they mean.
Also make sure the language evidence you have is matching with the list of CIC. Many people are in trouble for under-guessing.

4. Education records

Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. Official education records are:

report cards; or
transcripts; or
attendance records

The education records must cover each calendar year, if applicable. It is sufficient to submit one official education document per calendar year of schooling during the relevant four (4) year period. Note: You are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hello everyone! im starting to fill up my application. I have one question in education record . In 4 years time I only attended one year FRENCH classes language MICC in quebec. Should i include this on education record list if yes what should i give as a proof i have the diploma/certificate only. thank you in advance.

regards,
Puzzled

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medellinguy said:
Hi all,

Thank you very much!
The employment proof was removed from the latest form, but I would still attach T4s and some pay stubs if you have those. But again, it's just me. Only official transcripts (not printouts) are an acceptable proof. I would get them from your accademic institution if possible. If you need to make do with the printouts, you will need to get an official letter from uni confirming them. Good luck!

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
Donvalley said:
You have to send the official education records/transcript which clearly show the attendance by name, not just a general transcript or course outline. What CIC is looking for is evidence to establish applicant's presence or absence from Canada, not the level of education attained or performance at school. So include anything convincing, get it from university if not in hand.

Those are language training programs, mostly Govt. funded short terms. No one goes there for many months or years unless he is doing a PhD in linguistics or too "smart" to catch with the levels.
The proof of obtaining the levels of language proficiency/certificate is required but not the attendance records. i.e. what they mean.
Also make sure the language evidence you have is matching with the list of CIC. Many people are in trouble for under-guessing.

4. Education records

Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. Official education records are:

report cards; or
transcripts; or
attendance records

The education records must cover each calendar year, if applicable. It is sufficient to submit one official education document per calendar year of schooling during the relevant four (4) year period. Note: You are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs.
Well, she did about 1 year of classes provided by the provincial government. The classes took place at University. What do you mean by official education/transcript? They now provide them on the internet. There is a place on the students' portal/platform and you can print them. It indicates your name etc. or does it have the official stamp on a piece of paper?

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is important to send a document proof your education and work