+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! Will student permit be valid if I didn't joined the university for 1 year ??

coolanku17

Jul 12, 2017
Hello Guys,

I am future MBA student joining Memorial university in fall 2017.

I got my visa for University of Manitoba starting fall 2016, which expires in November 2018. I travelled to Canada on 15th August 2016 ,got my study permit at the airport, But suddenly due to family emergency I had to returned back the very next day without joining University of Manitoba.

Now I got offer for fall 2017 intake for another university. I changed my DLI number and informed Cic.

My question is
- I have heard that "if you drop out of school for more than 90 days, it will be automatically canceled. ."
But Since I have not joined that university and now I m joining after 1 year, does my study permit still valid ?

Thanks in advance to you all.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Because if you didn't attend classes after 90 days, the university will inform CIC and they will automatically cancel your permit. So you'll have to apply for a new study permit

coolanku17

Jul 12, 2017
Because if you didn't attend classes after 90 days, the university will inform CIC and they will automatically cancel your permit. So you'll have to apply for a new study permit
But since i didnt took admission only and informed the university that i am unable to attend this intake,then also will my study permit be invalid ?

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Hello Guys,

I am future MBA student joining Memorial university in fall 2017.

I got my visa for University of Manitoba starting fall 2016, which expires in November 2018. I travelled to Canada on 15th August 2016 ,got my study permit at the airport, But suddenly due to family emergency I had to returned back the very next day without joining University of Manitoba.

Now I got offer for fall 2017 intake for another university. I changed my DLI number and informed Cic.

My question is
- I have heard that "if you drop out of school for more than 90 days, it will be automatically canceled. ."
But Since I have not joined that university and now I m joining after 1 year, does my study permit still valid ?

Thanks in advance to you all.
any leads? did you apply for a new one?