+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Waiting on PR card after 5 months

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
My husband landed on October 31 2020 and the immigration officer who approved him at the airport said it would take around 4 months for him to get his PR card in the mail (unlike the usual few weeks or so). We still haven’t gotten it yet and it’s been over 5 months now. I checked to make sure the address was correct and registered properly awhile ago so that’s not the problem. We even faxed in a solemn declaration a few weeks ago saying we didn’t receive it like they instruct on the website, but we haven’t heard anything even about that. There’s been no updates on our online account either since the final update saying when he landed and was approved. We can’t even call to speak to someone because it just says agents aren’t available and it hangs up on you.

Is there anyone else around our timeline that hasn’t received their card yet? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what our next step will be? His confirmation of permanent residence expires after 6 months so I’m worried we have to reapply or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
My husband arrived on Oct 26th, 2020 at YVR and it took just over 3 months to get his PR card when everyone arriving then was getting them in 3 or 4 weeks.

I tried calling, like you, then sent a webform asking what was going on, no response. Finally I got my MP's office involved and when they called they were told it was sent out the previous day and it arrived about a week later.

So, I would definitely call your MP's office for help. Time is running out! Good luck!!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My husband landed on October 31 2020 and the immigration officer who approved him at the airport said it would take around 4 months for him to get his PR card in the mail (unlike the usual few weeks or so). We still haven’t gotten it yet and it’s been over 5 months now. I checked to make sure the address was correct and registered properly awhile ago so that’s not the problem. We even faxed in a solemn declaration a few weeks ago saying we didn’t receive it like they instruct on the website, but we haven’t heard anything even about that. There’s been no updates on our online account either since the final update saying when he landed and was approved. We can’t even call to speak to someone because it just says agents aren’t available and it hangs up on you.

Is there anyone else around our timeline that hasn’t received their card yet? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what our next step will be? His confirmation of permanent residence expires after 6 months so I’m worried we have to reapply or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
I wouldn't get too excited about it. Many things these days the processing times have been varying a lot. Have you been able to link it on GCkey?