+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Visa Stamped in Passport then sent back to Ottawa

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hi,

I recently have my passport request by CPC-O, I sent my passport without issues. However, when it was being sent back after having my TRV stamped, Canada Post messed up and returned to Ottawa (returned to sender). Luckily, I put a signature required sticker on the Xpresspost envelope, and know that it has been successfully sent back to Ottawa.

I immediately emailed CPC-O, so far no response. I called IRCC and they suggested me to fax them and send them another new priority envelope, because I might need to travel urgently, which I did.

Have any of you experienced this fiasco with Canada Post? Will CPC-O return my passport through the envelope I provided? Or they will just withhold my passport? Maybe I am overthinking but it's my passport...

Thanks

*Sorry for the duplicate thread, I trying to figure out the best section to post*

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

I recently have my passport request by CPC-O, I sent my passport without issues. However, when it was being sent back after having my TRV stamped, Canada Post messed up and returned to Ottawa (returned to sender). Luckily, I put a signature required sticker on the Xpresspost envelope, and know that it has been successfully sent back to Ottawa.

I immediately emailed CPC-O, so far no response. I called IRCC and they suggested me to fax them and send them another new priority envelope, because I might need to travel urgently, which I did.

Have any of you experienced this fiasco with Canada Post? Will CPC-O return my passport through the envelope I provided? Or they will just withhold my passport? Maybe I am overthinking but it's my passport...

Thanks

*Sorry for the duplicate thread, I trying to figure out the best section to post*
They'll send it back to you. They don't have any reason to withhold your passport.

Reactions: Buletruck