+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP-Visa extension while waiting for OUTLAND UK sponsorship

confusedbrit

Aug 25, 2015
I got married to my Canadian husband in April 2015, in Canada, and I have been here since then. Our sponsorship was completed and reached the CPC on 4th August 2015.

I have a return ticket booked for the end of September but am now considering extending my stay. However, last weekend I travelled to the US for day trip and did not get a re-entry stamp on my passport upon returning to Canada. Does this mean I have to apply for an extension? I assumed you just had to leave and re-enter.

I've also gone through the relevant extension form (IMM5708) and needed help on the following:

Q7 – Current country of residence, DATE from and TO – should the date in ‘TO' be the date you are filing the extension application?

Section: Coming into Canada - Q3 - 'Date and place of your most recent entry to Canada' - would this be my original date or the date when I came back into Canada from US, even though I do not have a re-entry stamp.

Section: Details of visit- Q2 – ‘indicate how long you plan to stay' – what length of time can I apply for? Would the 'FROM' date be the date you original status ends? The current processing time for our outland application shows 28 months!

Section: Background information – Q2 (c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? Would I answer ‘yes' because we have applied for sponsorship? It is still being processed and I do not have a reference number as of yet as it'll take approx 57 days for my husband to be assessed.

Would I still need to apply for an ETA if extension is approved? Can i leave and re-enter Canada with a valid visa extension?

Grateful for any advice...