+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help urgent

form_filler

May 4, 2013
I'm at the border now! I have been working in Canada under an open work permit, based on my previous marriage. Border services is taking my my work permit. I have an AOR for pR under CEC can I apply for BoWP? they say I will have one week to leave Canada! I have lived hear for 4 years

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
form_filler said:
I'm at the border now! I have been working in Canada under an open work permit, based on my previous marriage. Border services is taking my my work permit. I have an AOR for pR under CEC can I apply for BoWP? they say I will have one week to leave Canada! I have lived hear for 4 years
1. when is ur workpermit getting expired ? u can apply for BOWP (usually its 4 month b4 ur expiry date )
2.Why they are taking ur workpermit ? if there is any legal reason contact a immigration lawyer

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are pretty much telling you that you are inadmissible to Canada. What was your examination at the port of entry like and why were you at the border? Did you misrepresent? do you have any criminal charges? was it something relating to your spouse? what reason did they give? I need more information to give you advice. The CBSA officer has written an inadmissibility report and if you haven't been issued one yet, you most likely will be given a removal order as well. If you can please shed more light on your situation. Best of Luck.

form_filler

May 4, 2013
my work permit doesn't expire till sept 2014 but it was based on my previous marriage for which I am now divorced. Officer says my permit is no good and that I've been working illegally since my divorce! I spoke to an immigration lawyer before my divorce he said permit was ok till it expired.

does any one know the number of an immigration lawyer who would be open right now?

form_filler

May 4, 2013
I live in Vancouver and went down to Seattle for the day. I have done this on numerous occasions. nothing out of the ordinary till they told me to go inside.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
form_filler said:
I live in Vancouver and went down to Seattle for the day. I have done this on numerous occasions. nothing out of the ordinary till they told me to go inside.
contact a lawyer, some time Border services make assumptions. He will give u a right answer

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you mentioned that you are currently divorced. Was it under the sponsorship application of your divorced spouse that you were able to obtain a your work permit and PR application. If it was then that makes you ineligible (unless there are Humanitarian & Compassionate considerations) and you ought to have also reported to CIC a change in marital status. Unless it could be considered misrepresentation.

form_filler

May 4, 2013
So they took my work permit and gave me a visitor visa till nov 10. I didn't have a chance to get a hold of a lawyer before they called me back to the desk.
My PR application is under CEC and is based on 12 months full time work with NOC code 2255. Even if they don't count the time after my divorce I have 12 months.
I talked to a lawyer prior to my divorce and was assured I was good to go, makes me wonder if I can rely on anything they say, but I will get in touch with one in the morning.

I guess I should apply for BOWP tomorrow!

What is the difference between AOR and Stage 1 decision, the officer I was dealing with was not familiar with a AOR but said if I have Stage 1 decision on my PR application I might be eligible to stay due to "implied status"