+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help !!! Urgent oath ceremony iis tuesday!!

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi my ceremony is tuesday and I havent received any letter yet. Only the invitation shows up on ecas!!!

Is there any solution for this??? Has anyone experienced same thing?

Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
In that case, print what is on ecas and attend the ceremony on Tuesday. Go a little early and speak to one of the officers there about it. They usually have a list and can confirm if you are on it. I think it has happened to another person on the forum. For the oath ceremony, take the following:
1. oath notice (for you, it will be the print out from ecas since you haven't received a letter)
2. PR card
3. COPR (confirmation of Permanent Residence)

Also call the CIC call centre (Tel: 1-888-242‑2100) and ask them for guidance.

Here's more information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/cit-ceremony/cit-ceremony.asp

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Dont worry.
On Monday check your postbox.
If no letter, call CIC call centre to check location.
Then proceed as SenoritaBella suggested.
Best wishes.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
you can check location from this website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

or call helpline and don't worry about the letter which is still not received , just take print of ecas and you will be fine

thanks

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Call CIC and ask about the time and location you still have Monday so hopefully you will receive the letter in the post.otherwise take a print and go in the morning to your local CIC office, they usually hold such ceremonies there.

thuychung111

Apr 21, 2015
On ECAS wrote:
"If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

so just do what they wrote, contact CIC, usually the place where you did test and ceremony are the same.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call and ask, they will give you the location. If they refuse then keep calling until one agent gives you the location. That's your only option now.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
CanV said:
Call and ask, they will give you the location. If they refuse then keep calling until one agent gives you the location. That's your only option now.
THIS.

I know the call centre is not the most useful source of info... but one thing they CAN DO is see if you are scheduled for an OATH ceremony and tell you exactly when and where. I know this because I called them once a few days before my oath to confirm everything and the person on the phone was able to look up all the information about my ceremony.

So call ASAP.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Hi but i dont know the location.. The location is written in the letter and i dont have it.
Please call cic call center and get the information, you know exactly very well that they will provide you this information, see your earlier post below to refresh your memory.

amazing21 said:
well i dont know why agents dont give you guys info over the phone..they ALWAYS tell me..AND yes they do look into my file..they ask me every question such full name, client id number , bday, address etc..and after i ask questions they say hold on will check into your file..hold on..and I hear cic music..after about 2 or 3 mins they come back and tell me ' bla bla bla'.....

I never had anyone tell me on the phone that the policy is not to give out any info at all.....i dont call regularly..but about once a month since april.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Hi my ceremony is tuesday and I havent received any letter yet. Only the invitation shows up on ecas!!!

Thanks
Make sure to confirm with the CIC call center the exact office where the Oath ceremony will be held and be early, also remember that the time that is mentioned on cic website for the Oath ceremony is the actual time the Oath takes place so for example if the Oath ceremony is at 09:45 as per cic website the letter that you receive will indicate you to come 45 minutes earlier at 09:00 to stay in queue to fill the forms and to take your seat. So if you reach at 09:45 the time of the oath most likely you will miss the oath.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amazing21 said:

Thanks

Here are few options you have.

1) Take a print out from the CIC Website about your invitation, take it your local offices and tell them you did not receive the mail from CIC, they might issue you a duplicate

2) Call the CIC call center, ask them to email your invitation letter immediately or at least inform the concerned officials about this and allow you to attend the Oath ceremony with the print out.

3) Hopefully, you might receive it before the actual day.

Wish you all the best.

3) In event you did not receive, take a print out of Ecas , all original doc's to prove your identity. They might verify on their record and allow you t attend the Oath Ceremony.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Sometimes they are not able to do that if there is a discrepancy. Ex: my oath notice said 10:30 but ecas said 8:30. I called and they could see 10:30 but couldn't tell me which was correct. They suggested 8:30 to be on the safe side. I did and ended up waiting b/c it was 10:30 afterall. I met other candidates with the same issue.

Upon further inspection, I could tell that initially the time was 8:30, then a sticker was placed over it that said 10:30 but ecas was not updated. It all worked out though.

It won't surprise me if the officer inadvertently forgot to send out the OP's letter or good ole Canada post is taking its sweet time to deliver.

keesio said:
THIS.

I know the call centre is not the most useful source of info... but one thing they CAN DO is see if you are scheduled for an OATH ceremony and tell you exactly when and where. I know this because I called them once a few days before my oath to confirm everything and the person on the phone was able to look up all the information about my ceremony.

So call ASAP.