+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! Urgent. need some advise

Feb 16, 2016
Hi,

I am in urgent help from all who can help me. I am in Post Graduaded Working permit right now and will be expired in early April 2016.
right now my wife is in restoration and we have apply for study permit because she want go to school and have been accepted in college. but the problem is my status in canada will be expired before my wife can get her study permit. how i can extend my stay in Canada? can i apply for open working permit before we get my wife's study permit?

I am already enter the Express entry pool now and also i got invitation for OINP program from Ontario Goverment but its all still in process because of December Holiday and a lot of refuge comming to Ontario. I submit my OINP documents at 21 December.

Please help me.
Thank you so much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Robertsantoso27 said:
Hi,

I am in urgent help from all who can help me. I am in Post Graduaded Working permit right now and will be expired in early April 2016.
right now my wife is in restoration and we have apply for study permit because she want go to school and have been accepted in college. but the problem is my status in canada will be expired before my wife can get her study permit. how i can extend my stay in Canada? can i apply for open working permit before we get my wife's study permit?

I am already enter the Express entry pool now and also i got invitation for OINP program from Ontario Goverment but its all still in process because of December Holiday and a lot of refuge comming to Ontario. I submit my OINP documents at 21 December.

Please help me.
Thank you so much.
1. No, you can't apply for a Spousal open work permit until your spouse starts school.
2. You will have to stop working and apply for an extension as a visitor.
3. You realize that if you have had a 3 year PGWP, that you will run into the 4 year work permit barrier if you don't receive an Ontario PNP nomination.

Feb 16, 2016
Thank you for your replay.

But i have question, how come i will be in implied status as Visitor if i apply for visitor visa ? because i am at PGWP before and implied status mean that It will follow the last status i have right?

I have conversation in other forum, and some one said that i can apply for open working permit first which will be refused before my PGWP expire and my wife will get the Study permit before the decision of the open working permit. as soon as we get the study permit, I need to submit the second application as Open working permit. she said that this will allow me to get implied status until the second application decision is made which is have high chance to be approved.
can i do what she suggested?

If i apply as visitor on my next visa. On what basis i will say to the CIC that i need to stay in Canada as visitor? do i say that i am still waiting for my PR or OINP?

thank you.