+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help understanding tie breaker ..

Ajzz

Sep 19, 2016
Hi
My crs is 424 .my profile expires in March ..should I withdraw and create new profile now or after it expires ..if my profile is new during apr - may draws will I be ruining my changes of getting ita then ,if score goes low during those months like last year? ..do older profiles get more priority ? Plz guide

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi
My crs is 424 .my profile expires in March ..should I withdraw and create new profile now or after it expires ..if my profile is new during apr - may draws will I be ruining my changes of getting ita then ,if score goes low during those months like last year? ..do older profiles get more priority ? Plz guide
Better to wait till it expires and create a new profile because anyway your profile will not be in the pool after March. I'd suggest that you immediately create a new profile after it expires to improve your chances.

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
Hi
The iTA works based on points, so doesn't really matter if your profile is old or new. It has no bearing on the iTA. I got iTA at the first draw after profile creation. I did have significantly higher score than yours but disregarding that, it doesnot have any bearing on the age of the profile. So let it expire and be prepared to create a new one the same day as it expires.

Good Luck!
-P

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi
The tie-breaker rule gives preference to OLDER profiles for persons who have the exact cut-off CRS Score for that particular draw.
In other words, if you have a score of 425, and the draw cut-off is 425 and a tie-breaker is utilized because more persons have a score of 425 than can be accommodated, IRCC will specify a date (e.g. December 18, 2017) and any candidate with 425 who created a profile BEFORE that date will receive an ITA, while a candidate with 425 who created a profile AFTER that date WON'T receive an ITA.
As such, if you're at all concerned that your CRS Score might be the exact cut-off score, it's better for your profile to be older. So you should let your profile go up to the very last day before it expires, and then create a new one afterwards, rather than creating a new one right now, because an older profile will stand a better chance.

Reactions: pryda31 and jes_ON

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
The iTA works based on points, so doesn't really matter if your profile is old or new. It has no bearing on the iTA. I got iTA at the first draw after profile creation. I did have significantly higher score than yours but disregarding that, it doesnot have any bearing on the age of the profile. So let it expire and be prepared to create a new one the same day as it expires.

Good Luck!
-P
That is not true. The age of the EE profile matters as explained above by @crescent_jam . Good Luck!

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
The tie-breaker rule gives preference to OLDER profiles for persons who have the exact cut-off CRS Score for that particular draw.
In other words, if you have a score of 425, and the draw cut-off is 425 and a tie-breaker is utilized because more persons have a score of 425 than can be accommodated, IRCC will specify a date (e.g. December 18, 2017) and any candidate with 425 who created a profile BEFORE that date will receive an ITA, while a candidate with 425 who created a profile AFTER that date WON'T receive an ITA.
As such, if you're at all concerned that your CRS Score might be the exact cut-off score, it's better for your profile to be older. So you should let your profile go up to the very last day before it expires, and then create a new one afterwards, rather than creating a new one right now, because an older profile will stand a better chance.
Thanks for that . Didn't know about that rule.