+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Understanding GCMS notes...Legalfalcon

j2_saint

Jan 11, 2017
Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out understand the GCMS notes I received yesterday. I would really appreciate your gesture.

I received my AOR on March 15th, and saw my background status change to IP2 on June 19th, however I am yet to receive the PPR email.

I ordered GCMS notes on 30th May and received them yesterday (June 30th).

I have the following assessments based on the notes;
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Seems like everything is clear except the fact that security has not started yet. Also, one interesting fact I saw in the notes was that it was generated June 12th.

Considering my background status has changed from NA to IP2 on June 19th, does it mean that security has also been passed but was not captured in the notes because the notes were generated earlier?

Can I call IRCC and will the agents be able to answer if security has been cleared?

Thanks,
Saint

Last edited:

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Logging into the forum after a long time..no one seems to be replying to your question so ill help

The security always will go between not started and "blank"...you will never get to see the results of your sec chk...it will always be blanked out

In regards to ip2..it doesnt mean anything really other than an electronic response.. But it would refer to sec chk being started and officers final review..

Best wishes!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
By the way the agents cant confirm anything coz they dont know s-h-i-t

My suggestion to you would be give it a month...im not sure regarding the details of your application but usually if all goes smoothly with your sec chk..ip2 to ppr is a month..if that takes longer then call ircc to find out where the hold up is...but be ready to get generic responses

j2_saint

Jan 11, 2017
Thanks lazybone for your response.

So if I understand you clearly, does it take about a month to get PPR after your background status changes to Ip2? Ive seen cases where people get PPR within a week or so?

Also are GCMS notes run about 100 pages?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Check the current trends if it takes a week or a month...i was giving a rough estimate..im unaware of the current trends..

In regards to your second question...yeah its pretty common for notes to run for 100 pages or longer

Hope this helps!

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out understand the GCMS notes I received yesterday. I would really appreciate your gesture.

I received my AOR on March 15th, and saw my background status change to IP2 on June 19th, however I am yet to receive the PPR email.

Seems like everything is clear except the fact that security has not started yet. Also, one interesting fact I saw in the notes was that it was generated June 12th.

Considering my background status has changed from NA to IP2 on June 19th, does it mean that security has also been passed but was not captured in the notes because the notes were generated earlier?

Can I call IRCC and will the agents be able to answer if security has been cleared?

Thanks,
Saint
Email to Ottawa if you want to know your file approved or not. Btw, ip2 changed after ur GCMS note. So its normal that you see your security not started.

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Saint
Hey , Have you received your PPR? I'm on the same boato_O

Grehoundy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
@legalfalcon @lazybone I just got my GCMS notes and in it I saw " Principal applicant application promoted: Existing UCI" I have never applied for the immigration process so why did it say existing uci. I am a PNP outland applicant