+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help understanding ECAS - Urgent!

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Please help. I recently submitted my express entry application with upfront medical (which is passed according to the cic application status). However, my ecas says the following:

- We sent you correspondence on ****. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
- We sent you medical instructions on ****. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The same date is mentioned in both bullet points. I received instructions on the first document but no medical instructions in my messages on cic or my email. What do I do? :s

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
fsw2014 batch said:
Please help. I recently submitted my express entry application with upfront medical (which is passed according to the cic application status). However, my ecas says the following:

- We sent you correspondence on ****. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
- We sent you medical instructions on ****. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The same date is mentioned in both bullet points. I received instructions on the first document but no medical instructions in my messages on cic or my email. What do I do? :s
How many lines do you have in ECAS?
Typically when you first submit your application and get access yo ECAS you'll only see two lines (most of the times with wrong dates) about the time they received your application and the time they started processing it. After that a third line is added stating that your medicals have been received and then any subsequent line added will most likely correspond to correspondence sent to you from CIC (any additional documents such as: request for sch A, CELPIP, IELTS, RPRF, and so forth).

If your medical are not shown as received on ECAS but are set to "passed" on MyCIC then probably ECAS has not been update it to reflect this yet. Usually MyCIC gets update it more frequently than ECAS.

Where you requested to provide any document? What correspondence is the new line on ECAS referring to?

Hope this helps!

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
There is no such correspondence on myCIC. I called CIC today and they said ive been requested to submit a form but since i cant view it, I should submit a form reporting technical difficulties. Do you know where to view the requested forms? Thanks for the help!

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
fsw2014 batch said:
There is no such correspondence on myCIC. I called CIC today and they said ive been requested to submit a form but since i cant view it, I should submit a form reporting technical difficulties. Do you know where to view the requested forms? Thanks for the help!
That is weird. Did you get an email from CIC saying that you had a new message on your application at all? If not, then try loggin into your CIC and under your submitted applications click on "check status and messages" for your PR application. There, under the messages you should the correspondence. If you can't see it there, go to your submitted documents and check if there is a new item added that requires your action. If nothing;s there either than take the advice of the CIC call centre and send a CSE reporting a technical issue and make sure you explain that you cannot find any correspondence in your CIC even though your ECAS states that you were sent something.

Good luck!!

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Checked my messages and the documents page as well. No message or option to upload anything. Sent a CSE for technical difficulty. Fingers crossed!

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
fsw2014 batch said:
Checked my messages and the documents page as well. No message or option to upload anything. Sent a CSE for technical difficulty. Fingers crossed!
Good luck!! Please keep us posted on how CIC handles your case.

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Hello,

What is the difference between Ecas and MyCIC?

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
mgrandolini said:
Hello,

What is the difference between Ecas and MyCIC?
ECAS is only a tool to check the status of your application, MyCIC is where everything happens. To access the latter you need a GCkey, user name and password, to check ecas you only need the app number and the applicant personal information.
If a change is made in your application or if something is requested from the applicant it will be through MyCIC, and ECAS (electronic Client Application Status) will update its status to reflect such changes.

If an applicant uses a representative to submit their application then they only have access to ECAS, the representative has access to MyCIC.

ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
MyCIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Thanks for the response! I'm guessing this can't be used for family class sponsorship?

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
mgrandolini said:
Thanks for the response! I'm guessing this can't be used for family class sponsorship?
It actually CAN be used too, follow this link and select "Family Sponsorship" in the drop down menu: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp
You could search for the Family Sponsorship threads in this forum and they may be able to help you more.

Good luck :)

dan2thi

Oct 6, 2015
fsw2014 batch said:
Hi fsw2014, could you please let us know how did CIC handle your issue? I'm also having a similar kind of issue. In ECAS it says they have sent correspondence on 22nd Sept 2015, but in MyCIC I have not received any messages regarding this correspondence.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
It's good news that you got an update in your application stating that they have asked for the more documents. In my case, I got a letter (at my home address) from my original country of residence embassy that I need to take more med tests and no updates in my CIC application. I expected at least one line ECAS in my application so that I'm aware of such letter. The letter says I have 90 days to do more meds. What would have happen if that letter was lost and I wouldn't have known what has happened to my application..... I would say I'm lucky.

The strange point is I haven't heard of this before in the forums.

May be another point to keep in mind for everyone.

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
So CIC replied. They said i should ignore the second requirement point and that they already had my medicals so nothing to worry about. Hope this helps someone!