+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP : Unable to link my CIC account with PR Card Application

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hi All,

I recently received COPR on my CIC portal (not via email). I am a CEC candidate from Montreal (I provided LOE of my intentions to move out of Quebec).
As per the instructions on COPR letter I sent COPR documents and 1 photo to Montreal VO via Canada Post.
As per the tracking number of Canada Post it shows that my envelop was delivered.
But there is no confirmation received from IRCC yet (i anticipate this is because there is no link to application yet).
When I try to link my PR Card application to my cic account, it responds with no application found (when doing a search with UCI and last name etc)

Not sure what to do and get my PR Card application status

Johan Rodrigo

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I was able to link it, the mistake was place of my birth. Please look at the passport and enter exact value as in passport (for me it was written Delhi, Delhi ) while i was entering Delhi only
Hi, how long has it been since your photos delivered to be able to link? And what office/city u sent photos to?
Its been more than 3 weeks since photos delivered and cant link yet? Im not sure if im doing something wrong or its because my application has not been opened yet...!

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hi, how long has it been since your photos delivered to be able to link? And what office/city u sent photos to?
Its been more than 3 weeks since photos delivered and cant link yet? Im not sure if im doing something wrong or its because my application has not been opened yet...!
I don't think this is related to photos being delivered, I sent my documents (photos+COPR) to Montreal VO on 1st April, they got delivered on 6th April ( delayed due to Easter Weekend Canada Post was not working). I tried linking many a times, but was able to link on 7th April.

As mentioned above I was able to link it via UCI number and Place of Birth option. In my case I was not exactly entering my place of birth correctly

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi All,

I am successfully able to link my applicaton. However, when i am trying to link application for my dependent it is not able to link.

I am giving all the details exactly as in passport still not able to link? Is anyone face similar issue or have any other way to link it?

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hi All,

I am successfully able to link my applicaton. However, when i am trying to link application for my dependent it is not able to link.

I am giving all the details exactly as in passport still not able to link? Is anyone face similar issue or have any other way to link it?
Same for me, I think they are covered under my application only (not sure though)

Reactions: AshishS87

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi All,

Samne for me
My husband and I sent the photos in 2 different envelopes
I don't know if it's because of that

Johan Rodrigo

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Guys, anything/action can be taken to know whats going on with my pr card application? I have sent it to Montreal office for a month, but cant even link it and when I call ircc i was told just to wait because they have nothing on the system yet. Any similar case? Any help? Please