+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP : TRV Refused; Didn't submit application within the authorised period

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got ITA under FSW in EE in March and submitted my application on April 21 2016(AOR).

My work permit was expiring 31 December 2015 and hence I had applied for an extension which got rejected on March 9th due to my EE application not had passed the R10 completeness check at the time.

From March 9th 2016 onward I had 90 days to restore my status and hence I applied for restoration status and visitor visa within Canada.

But I got a reply yesterday from CIC saying my TRV has been refused because

"Your status as a temporary resident has expired. You did not submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of the authorized period."

What I do not understand is that I was given 90 days to apply for restoration status and I did apply within that time (and have a date stamped application from CIC) and hence the reson provided by the immigration officer doesn't make sence to me.

Also the letter doesn't mention what should be my next steps like if I have to leave Canada how many days I have or by what date etc and would this affect my EE FSW application towards Permanent Residence.

My medicals have been passed and eligibity check is in process.

Has anyone been through this?
What do I do?

Please help!!!

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
first of all when you applied for your work permit extention at that time did you have valid work permit ?

i mean you work permit got expired in december 2015 and when did you applied for your work permit extention?? exect date?

Aug 22, 2016
I applied well with in my restoration period but I had not support letter of Bc pnp and i uploaded that through case specific inquiry, call centre says they did not receive my pnp letter, now out of status. My consultant is fighting for it but am not sure how will this sort out.