+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Trouble submitting/signing the online application?

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
Solution

Okay, I got a response from CIC. Here's what you should do if none of the previous suggestions in this thread have worked for you.

We verified the information you provided. The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to fix it at the moment.

Therefore, we recommend you to re-enrol with a new GCKey/Sign-In Partner in order to access your MyCIC account and start a new online application.

During the enrolment process, when asked Do you have a client ID?, you must answer No to this question, even if you do have a Client ID Number.

If you still experience technical difficulties, please note that you may also submit your application by mail.
In addition, when filling up the Come to Canada eligibility tool, the system will ask you a series of questions to verify if you meet the minimum requirements to submit your application online. If you are eligible to submit an online application, you will be provided with a unique reference number, known as the Personal Checklist Code (PCC). If you begin your application after you've logged into MyCIC, you will not receive a personal checklist code, as the system will save your document checklist right into your MyCIC account.

The PCC will generate a tailored, streamlined document checklist you will need to follow whether you submit your application online or by mail.
Also, if your family name (last name) has more than 20 *characters or that your given name (first name) has more than 15 characters, please note that it has automatically been shortened on your Immigration Document. Only the first 20 characters of your family name and the first 15 of your given name will appear on the card.

For example, if a person's name is Jacqueline Elizabeth Guadalupe Del Gutierrez, the name on the document will be:

GUADALUPE DEL GUTIER
JACQUELINE ELIZ

Please note that this is not an error and that it cannot be corrected.

* Characters include letters and spaces.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Vicki, Agent 3594
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

rr175p

Aug 1, 2013
eryeng said:
Make sure in Form 5257E when you are entering your name, you are entering LAST NAME on the left box and FIRST name on the right box.
Even though in Box 1 it says full name you only enter last name here and on the right side where it says given name that is where you enter first name.

Most likely you might have entered full name altogether on the left side.
Please check this.
Thanks for your help. I did the same mistake mentioned and it worked after reviewing that.

Mrs.Mom

Apr 17, 2012
Thank you soo much ANON123 for posting this. After trying for weeks to get my application submitted I was down to a couple of days when I found your post and it worked! I had to start all over again, get a new GC log in, and use all caps in the name area and it worked! :D

mikkayla13

Oct 9, 2013
Could anyone please help me with figuring out how to sign my application in Adobe? I've validated all the info but cant work out what to do with the signature part online... Any thing you could do would be a great help! Thanks in advance :)

hifi78

Oct 9, 2013
What I found in the application(IMM5710E) I resolved the issue in was that the full name was written in one cell itself instead of the two that the form had provided. So, the familyname should say your surname and given name should say your first name. hope this helped. Good luck