+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help to apply Open Work Permit

RNathan

May 18, 2020
Hi All,

Would be needing your advice on my current situation. Currently I am on ICT and my wife has accompanied me. When we entered canada the immigration officer asked my wife to apply for open work permit as she was eligible and gave her 6 month stay i.e 22jun and told her to apply for open work permit before 30 days of 22jun.

We are in the process of applying for an Open WP but there are few queries and concerns on this.

1. My wife has 6 years IT experience out of which 2 years is with her present employer. She has taken leave and accompanied me, now we had asked the employer for NOC cum experience letter as a support document to submit, but they denied providing it.
Can I exclude her work details of her present employer as all i have is joining letter and payslips to support that she is part of the organization or should I provide the joining letter and payslips.

I don't want her open WP to get rejected as I don't want her to travel back due to co-vid 19.
Kindly advice what is the best way to go through this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

Would be needing your advice on my current situation. Currently I am on ICT and my wife has accompanied me. When we entered canada the immigration officer asked my wife to apply for open work permit as she was eligible and gave her 6 month stay i.e 22jun and told her to apply for open work permit before 30 days of 22jun.

We are in the process of applying for an Open WP but there are few queries and concerns on this.

1. My wife has 6 years IT experience out of which 2 years is with her present employer. She has taken leave and accompanied me, now we had asked the employer for NOC cum experience letter as a support document to submit, but they denied providing it.
Can I exclude her work details of her present employer as all i have is joining letter and payslips to support that she is part of the organization or should I provide the joining letter and payslips.

I don't want her open WP to get rejected as I don't want her to travel back due to co-vid 19.
Kindly advice what is the best way to go through this?
I don't know why you think she needs to include any proof of her current employment. She just needs to list it on the form. IRCC doesn't care what her job is. She is applying for an OWP based solely on YOUR job.

RNathan

May 18, 2020
I don't know why you think she needs to include any proof of her current employment. She just needs to list it on the form. IRCC doesn't care what her job is. She is applying for an OWP based solely on YOUR job.
So can I go ahead without adding any proof for current employer or should I remove that experience entirely in the form. But when i was applying for her visitor visa i did put the current employer in her form. The reason am tensed is I don't want her owp to get rejected and get deported in this pandemic.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So can I go ahead without adding any proof for current employer or should I remove that experience entirely in the form. But when i was applying for her visitor visa i did put the current employer in her form. The reason am tensed is I don't want her owp to get rejected and get deported in this pandemic.
Again, I don't know why you would think she needs to include proof of her employment.

No, she can't leave out the experience. That is lying and lying on an immigration form is fraud.

RNathan

May 18, 2020
Again, I don't know why you would think she needs to include proof of her employment.

No, she can't leave out the experience. That is lying and lying on an immigration form is fraud.
OK sir!!!
But wouldn't they need proof of what is being filled in the form?