File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please i need information regarding the possibility of an Immigration lawyer. applying for a review of visa refusal.

My visa was refused on Thursday, But an Immigration lawyer is informing me we can apply to review the decision with some supporting documents. is this a possibility or is it a scam.

Please any response will be appreciated.
You cannot "apply" to review the decision. You can only ask IRCC to review the decision and it's up to IRCC if they review the decision or not - in the vast majority of cases they do not. The best option is to reapply and put together a stronger application - specifically focusing on your ties to your home country.

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Dear Chidera Wilfred Onimoe

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
You applied too early however you have to prove strong ties back to your home country , can I see your timeline? Also the course you applied for and what university.

Fredonimoe

Jun 18, 2019
You applied too early however you have to prove strong ties back to your home country , can I see your timeline? Also the course you applied for and what university.
University : University of Regina

Course: Bachelors Computer Science

Intake: Jan/April 2020 admission expands till April intake

Degree Obtained in Home Country : Bachelors Sociology.

First Application Details: No SOP was included and i mentioned my cousin resides in Regina (thinking its an advantage).

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
University : University of Regina

Course: Bachelors Computer Science

Intake: Jan/April 2020 admission expands till April intake

Degree Obtained in Home Country : Bachelors Sociology.

First Application Details: No SOP was included and i mentioned my cousin resides in Regina (thinking its an advantage).
Okay your cousin is the reason they mentioned family ties . Also if I’m the VO I would wonder why will you be going for a second bachelors degree instead of a masters or post graduate certificate etc it all connects to your purpose, which would insinuate your not coming back , I would advise you to take your time , apply for a post graduate or baccalaureate course, give tenable reasons why you choose the course , tie it back to Nigeria in terms of job prospects and remuneration and that will make you return to your home country , show employment history and if your still employed which I advise you to be and basically answer all the questions raised by them in the rejection letter in your sop
I don’t think mentioning your cousin is necessary , and submit you will definitely get it by God’s grace .