+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Help] Study Permit Extension and PGWP

Shourya Jain

Mar 17, 2022
Category........
WP
LANDED..........
11-09-2020
Hey Guys! I'm and international student and really need a guidance for the extension of my study permit and PGWP.

My classes are ending on 22nd April, the result is going to be declared by 29th April and my SP is expiring on 30th April. I do not have enough time period to apply for PGWP since due to COVID-19 I had to defer for another 4 months (next term period) and lost that time period which we usually get after completing the studies.

• My First question is should I actually apply for extension or instead should I apply for PGWP? [The main reason to apply for SP extension is to retrieve the time lost due deffer]

• Second, if in this case the SP extension is required, in the form IMM 5709, I'm having some challenges in understanding what to fill out under these fields: For reference (Image: The Form
  1. Under cost of my studies will be Since I have already paid my whole semester fee - Should I just write $0 for tuition?
  2. For funds available I read somewhere that it is required to show that you have at least $10k to support yourself, but because I paid my tuition fee with help of my GIC I do not have much funds to show. (I approx. have 1k in the bank right now). The good part is that for past 6 month I have been working as a part-time employee within my college which has help me to sustain myself- Can this help out in some way?
  3. For Duration of Study I'm not sure if that would be correct if I mention the dates as "From: 2022-03-17 | To: 2022-06-30" (3months/90days).

These are the question I have right now. I deeply request the community to help me go through the process. Thanks in advance!