+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help- Student Visa application

Hifazhamza

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi everyone,
I applied for the student visa today, (September Intake). I applied through online, and I have some doubts needs to clear.
1. I forgot to attach an affidavit (name change) of dad with the attachments. Didnt submit the police clearance report still. Is it okay if I attach this affidavit with police clearance report?

2. I have 6 members in my family including my mom and dad. Dad is the one sponsoring me. Everyone is living in Sri lanka except 2 brothers. 2 brothers are living in Qatar and Australia. I mentioned about that in my visa application. Would that effect to my visa decision? I heard that if someone in your family is in abroad that will effect to the visa decision. is that true?

I am so stressed now.
If anyone can assist me I highly appreciate it.

Thank you.

mmclub

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Strange my family form is imm5707e and doesn't have the Brothers/Sisters section, must be a country thing.
I don't think you can do too much about that just answer honestly and hope for the best.
they recently updated the form...I guess it was on June 5

hobo-mobo

May 29, 2018
Nobody can tell for sure what affects visa officers, unfortunately.
You can send the docs trough CSE

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hi everyone,
I applied for the student visa today, (September Intake). I applied through online, and I have some doubts needs to clear.
1. I forgot to attach an affidavit (name change) of dad with the attachments. Didnt submit the police clearance report still. Is it okay if I attach this affidavit with police clearance report?

2. I have 6 members in my family including my mom and dad. Dad is the one sponsoring me. Everyone is living in Sri lanka except 2 brothers. 2 brothers are living in Qatar and Australia. I mentioned about that in my visa application. Would that effect to my visa decision? I heard that if someone in your family is in abroad that will effect to the visa decision. is that true?

I am so stressed now.
If anyone can assist me I highly appreciate it.

Thank you.
1) police clearance certificate is not mandatory unless visa officer asked about it. Usually it is required when you apply for settlement visa/permanent residency

2) you should have attached any document reflecting the name change. Affidavits are not complusory. Any letter or document if it already showing name change then it would be ok. But you could mention it in your statement of purpose.

3) having your family in other countries makes your case more strong. It shows how well your family is established in sirilanka and UAE. Obviously your brothers are getting handsome salary there and definitley if they are in UAE fron a long time it will also make your case strong. You should have mentioned all of this information positively in your SOP.

Hifazhamza

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
1) police clearance certificate is not mandatory unless visa officer asked about it. Usually it is required when you apply for settlement visa/permanent residency

2) you should have attached any document reflecting the name change. Affidavits are not complusory. Any letter or document if it already showing name change then it would be ok. But you could mention it in your statement of purpose.

3) having your family in other countries makes your case more strong. It shows how well your family is established in sirilanka and UAE. Obviously your brothers are getting handsome salary there and definitley if they are in UAE fron a long time it will also make your case strong. You should have mentioned all of this information positively in your SOP.
Thanks for the reply, very relieving to here.
1. Not sure its my agents practice or not. Once I receive a police clearance report, they email that. She told me that, it should be fine if we attach the affidavit with that. (I know affidavit is a must)
2. I attached the Passport of my dad (which has the correct name), and marriage certificate (It got the name wrong, just misspelled- Muhammadu- Mohomed). Hope that should work.
3. I thought if some in the family is in abroad, it weakens the family tie. But you have a fair point.

Thanks for the reply mate.
cheers,
Hifaz

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Where in the visa application does it ask about brothers/sisters? I don't recall any such section.
There are two type of family information forms:
IMM5707E - Does not have section to provide brothers/sisters info.
IMM5645E - Has a Section-C that requires brothers/sisters info.