+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: spouse refuse to apply

daxu008

May 29, 2014
I am currently physically separated with my wife. However, we are not legally divorced yet.
She refused to co-operate to apply for the FSW immigration. And she would not fill-in the additional family information form or provide me with her birth certificate. In this case, what is my alternative? Am I required to get her information? If without her document, would my application be considered incomplete?
Thanks for your help!

ashconnor

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
You can chance it and explain in a covering letter that you are separated and she does not intend to travel with you.

Seek divorce in the meantime.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
daxu008 said:
I am currently physically separated with my wife. However, we are not legally divorced yet.
She refused to co-operate to apply for the FSW immigration. And she would not fill-in the additional family information form or provide me with her birth certificate. In this case, what is my alternative? Am I required to get her information? If without her document, would my application be considered incomplete?
Thanks for your help!
You may want to get a lawyer's advice on this. Show some kind of legal document which confirms legal separation and/or the fact that divorce is under process. It can also confirm that shd refuses to cooperate with you in providing information. In the application mention that she will not travel with you.