+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!!!!!spousal sponsorship application returned - Inland

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
Hi,
I need help....

I've applied for PR on Feb 6th, two days before my visitor status expired. on Feb 4th, I did apply for extension to my visitor visa.
My Visitor Visa status expired couple days after I sent my spousal sponsorship application online.
3 weeks after, my application for extension of my status was rejected and I was asked to leave the country immediately. I did apply for restoration of status immediately after receiving the letter as my SS application was in progress....
today, my Spousal sponsorship application was returned due to missing documents. :(
can I reapply while waiting for the restoration of status application to be processed or do I have to leave the country?
please help!

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
Hi,
I need help....

I've applied for PR on Feb 6th, two days before my visitor status expired. on Feb 4th, I did apply for extension to my visitor visa.
My Visitor Visa status expired couple days after I sent my spousal sponsorship application online.
3 weeks after, my application for extension of my status was rejected and I was asked to leave the country immediately. I did apply for restoration of status immediately after receiving the letter as my SS application was in progress....
today, my Spousal sponsorship application was returned due to missing documents. :(
can I reapply while waiting for the restoration of status application to be processed or do I have to leave the country?
please help!
You might get a lot of advice in this channel to help you, some of which will be good and some of which will be bad, but I think the best advice in your situation is to contact an Immigration Lawyer to help you. You're in a tough spot and I wouldn't rely on internet help to resolve this if the government has ordered your removal.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I need help....

please help!
https://www.settler.ca/english/leave-canada-immediately/

Yes, you can re-apply for spousal sponsorship while you await the RoS decision. You might consider an Outland application, even though you are in Canada. This way, if you are removed from Canada, your application continues to be processed.

As long as you are not yet deemed to be Removal Ready, you may still qualify under the Public Policy that waives the requirement of having legal status, but ONLY for an Inland (SCPLC) application. Once the applicant reached the AIP stage, they can usually breathe a sigh of relief. Keep in mind that the submission of a spousal sponsorship application does NOTHING to extend legal status.

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
You might get a lot of advice in this channel to help you, some of which will be good and some of which will be bad, but I think the best advice in your situation is to contact an Immigration Lawyer to help you. You're in a tough spot and I wouldn't rely on internet help to resolve this if the government has ordered your removal.
I will probably do this. a bit worried about any removal order. Thank you!

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
https://www.settler.ca/english/leave-canada-immediately/

Yes, you can re-apply for spousal sponsorship while you await the RoS decision. You might consider an Outland application, even though you are in Canada. This way, if you are removed from Canada, your application continues to be processed.

As long as you are not yet deemed to be Removal Ready, you may still qualify under the Public Policy that waives the requirement of having legal status, but ONLY for an Inland (SCPLC) application. Once the applicant reached the AIP stage, they can usually breathe a sigh of relief. Keep in mind that the submission of a spousal sponsorship application does NOTHING to extend legal status.
Thanks for your advise. My RoS is still in progress. What if they reject it too?

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
I forgot to mention my application is still active in the system. Can I just send the missing documents via web form?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I forgot to mention my application is still active in the system. Can I just send the missing documents via web form?
I believe you can, but you stated that your application had been returned. Which is it...returned or marked as incomplete?

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
I believe you can, but you stated that your application had been returned. Which is it...returned or marked as incomplete?
I first got an email to check the status of my application. I logged in and noticed that my application status is incomplete. I went and checked and only saw the consent form not completed. I signed and resubmit to know that my spouse received different email stating that two documents which were translated to English don't have the original copy. At this point, I couldn't go back to the application and resubmit. I called IRCC to see if they can reset and allow me to resubmit. I was told the application is cancelled and you have to resubmit a new one. Also in the email my spouse received they did state that the application was returned due to missing documents. I'm just so confused and speechless. Would they notify me in one email and send letter to another email!!