+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Sponsored Dependent Child over 22 [under old law] from Pakistan [asylum]

Dec 27, 2015
Hello,
I am a 24 years old full time student and dependent on my parents.
My parents applied for their PR a year and a half ago and added me as dependent child in their application. They are currently in Canada and applied for asylum in Canada, which was approved.

[please note that their application was received and acknowledged by CIC before August 1, 2014. So old definition of dependent child still applies to me. and according to CIC, my application will be processed according to old rules of dependent children]
Now they have received a response from CIC that they have been found eligible for PR status as Protected Persons.

also in the response it said that :
"The overseas office in LONDON is responsible for processing the applications for permanent
residence of your family members outside Canada.
You have listed the following as accompanying dependants:
XXXX,XXXX DOB:XX/XX/XXXX

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the
mission. You or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the
required application forms for all listed dependants, which must be sent to the visa office
in LONDON. The required application forms IMM0008 and Schedule A for your
dependants are to be obtained on the internet at: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menu-outside.asp"
Now I have a few questions:

1. Do I send these forms via Mail to London Office or is there any special handling service like Gerry's etc? [ I am in Pakistan so feedback from anyone from Pakistan with similar case will be appreciated]

2. Do I send my university transcripts and university fee receipts along with these forms to London office?

3. Do I need to send my proof of financial support from my Parent along with these forms too?

any other things that need to be taken into consideration in my case as a dependent child?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
1. Do I send these forms via Mail to London Office or is there any special handling service like Gerry's etc? [ I am in Pakistan so feedback from anyone from Pakistan with similar case will be appreciated]
you can use any mail service. it is always better to send documents through a reliable courier service who can provide you with proof of delivery. you can use any DHL, FEdex etc .

2. Do I send my university transcripts and university fee receipts along with these forms to London office?
you can send copy of your identity documents, educational documents, birth certificate etc to prove your identity but sending your fee receipts doesn't make sense. No need

3. Do I need to send my proof of financial support from my Parent along with these forms too?
No not required.... your case is not a sponsorship category, your case will be processed as a dependent of a refugee and it has no such requirement. NO financial document of yours or your parents.

any other things that need to be taken into consideration in my case as a dependent child?
just fill the forms correctly/complete and send supporting documents which can help the embassy in doing verification of your identity, background and security check easily.example, Nadra id card, Nadra family tree form, Birth certificate, your student id, your educational degrees/certificates etc etc all having the same name with correct and matching spellings and when they ask for medicals do it as soon as possible.

hope it helps

Dec 27, 2015
kriv said:
No not required.... your case is not a sponsorship category, your case will be processed as a dependent of a refugee and it has no such requirement. NO financial document of yours or your parents.

Nadra id card, Nadra family tree form, Birth certificate, your student id, your educational degrees/certificates etc etc all having the same name with correct and matching spellings and when they ask for medicals do it as soon as possible.

hope it helps
Thanks alot for the reply,

if there is no financial requirement then how am I to prove to the Canadian Immigration that I am a dependent of my parents? Can you please elaborate more in this case?

also Do I need to send originals to them? Like my Original Birth Certificate and Original Family Registration Certificate etc?

Can you also tell me about the time frame in my case? (because I read somewhere online that refuge dependent cases are prioritized so as to re-unite the families as soon as possible) or will it take as long as other normal dependent child cases?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
dependentchild said:
Thanks alot for the reply,

if there is no financial requirement then how am I to prove to the Canadian Immigration that I am a dependent of my parents? Can you please elaborate more in this case?

also Do I need to send originals to them? Like my Original Birth Certificate and Original Family Registration Certificate etc?

Can you also tell me about the time frame in my case? (because I read somewhere online that refuge dependent cases are prioritized so as to re-unite the families as soon as possible) or will it take as long as other normal dependent child cases?
Sorry for the incorrect information. infact i missed to calculate you age at the time your parents began their immigration process. as you were above 22 yrs old during that time so you have submit documents that you are studying and you are dependent on your parents. you were correct to submit your school documents, fee and money that you use (i.e the money is provided by your parents and you do not earn on your self).

NO you do not need to send the original documents. just send them photocopy of your documents.

time line for the processing: yes you are correct that dependents of the refugee abroad are given priority but unfortunately sometimes they take time. it depends on the workload of the overseas office whr your case is tobe processed. 2ndly there is no defined/mentioned timeline for this category.

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015
hello i have a question
My mother recently got refugee status in canada
My question is can she sponsor my sis n bro ? They both are studying in uni and older than 19

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mishaalijaz said:
hello i have a question
My mother recently got refugee status in canada
My question is can she sponsor my sis n bro ? They both are studying in uni and older than 19
1. No, they are over 18, so no longer dependents.